why are people too liberal towards what is going on?

1. Mk3KaBaL
    Mk3KaBaL
    i had attended a protest against the cuts enforced by cameron and a bunch of fools turned up weilding harry potter themed signs and hardly partaking, everyone started leaving after about 20 minutes. please tell me this isnt the situation elsewhere.
  2. AnarchoCommunistEyepatch
    AnarchoCommunistEyepatch
    Generally i've found they go pretty well if you have at least one person who can get the confused liberals going, preferably with a megaphone. I went on one that was the first protest in that city and it quickly turned it an occupation of the City Council Chamber. As for taking harry potter signs that sounds kind of fun, being a revolutionary doesn't mean being deadly serious about everything, sure capitalism is a horrific and exploitative system but humour can be a weapon against it as well as a way to help you endure. I'll not make the Emma Goldman quote because that gets gratuitous but you know which one i mean. Anyway conclusion is don't criticise people for having fun and do waht you can to try and radicalise those around you.
  3. Che' Guevara
    Che' Guevara
    Generally i've found they go pretty well if you have at least one person who can get the confused liberals going, preferably with a megaphone. I went on one that was the first protest in that city and it quickly turned it an occupation of the City Council Chamber. As for taking harry potter signs that sounds kind of fun, being a revolutionary doesn't mean being deadly serious about everything, sure capitalism is a horrific and exploitative system but humour can be a weapon against it as well as a way to help you endure. I'll not make the Emma Goldman quote because that gets gratuitous but you know which one i mean. Anyway conclusion is don't criticise people for having fun and do what you can to try and radicalise those around you.
    i kind of see the point, but also you got to make sure that the people that your talking to take you serious as well. Capitalism is very BAD!

Also think about subliminal messaging you could also use that as a weapon against it as well
  4. Manic Impressive
    Manic Impressive
    I went to one before X-Mass it was good fun snowing really heavily, so much so that we all literally looked like snowmen. We were there for a good few hours the other people protesting were mainly middle class liberal trendy wankers but I had met them before and it's either personal or they are just completely socially inept. Also one other working class geezer I got on with really well we almost had a tear up with the manager of Burtons where in front of his whole shop he was screaming at us calling us fucking ****s.

Best thing about the whole experience was talking to random strangers, I even managed to pull
  5. SJBarley
    SJBarley
    I think the issue would be that the young (my peers unfortuanlty) don't seem to realise the gravity of the situation which surrounds them. As far as they are concerned they just won't get 30 quid in their pockets once a week the real truth is a much harsher realisation that they need to understand. I'm doing my best locally to educate these fools but quite frankly if brains were dynamite I doubt many of them could blow their hats off