Violence and getting shit done

1. thriller
    thriller
    I am assuming most people in this group are quite militant and support armed struggle against the ruling class. My question is, when is violence acceptable? Sure, most of us like to fight cops, maybe brake some bank windows and so forth. But what does that do for our cause? We all know the upper class has the dough, so they can pay for property destruction. What militant actions can we, as Marxists, partake in that will have at least some impact of society as a whole?
  2. HammerAlias
    HammerAlias
    Violence is never acceptable in our struggle against the bourgeoisie. However, the elitists of society will never readily hand over their power to the masses. They will utilize the resources they possess to suppress us. Peaceful demonstrations that produce actual results would be nice but violence will inevitably ensue.
  3. thriller
    thriller
    So more of a Gandhi-ish approach?
  4. tboneanthony
    tboneanthony
    You must assert your struggle. Although, violence is not always right, but, peaceful demonstration can be ignored, where as your mansion set ablaze by an angry mob weilding blunt objects and molitovs obviously cant be ignored. The writing on the walls can go unread, but a violent outrage of the people grows from a snowball to an avalanche. This is especially true in my country, where no one has a job and the government is doing everything in theyre power to opress us even futher by bringing progress to a complete halt and passing laws that allows them to put people in prison for nothing.