aspergers and marxism

1. scarletghoul
    scarletghoul
    Seems there are a lot of us on RevLeft. I was diagnosed with aspergers a few weeks ago at age 20 after fucking up much of my life but that's another story ahaha. Anyway why are there so many of us ? It could just be because aspies would use the internet more.. but I think there is something deeper, to do with the way people look at the world. At the risk of sounding like some kind of autistic chauvinist, we tend to try and rationalise some things and go into detail where normal people would take them for granted. This can extend to the relations between people and the structure of society, which I think makes some aspies more willing to analyse and question things, unlike normal people. (It is hard for me to make the jumps in logic that seem to tie everyone else together socially, instead I have to look into it and understand things..) This, along with the seperation from other people, results in not just an understanding of the world but also an acute sense of alienation. Don't know about you all but alienation for me was a huge factor in becoming communist. Do you think that, at least in a time+place where there is no big revolutionary movement, people with aspergers are more likely to be Marxists than normal people ?