Is it permissible for me to join this forum?

1. Monkey Riding Dragon
    Monkey Riding Dragon
    I'll preface this by saying straight up that I am not distinctly a leftist communist. However, in consideration of the forum's description as, quote "a group for discussing the theory and practice of the left communist movement in the world today, and the lessons of the historical experiences of the world proletariat", I figured there might be some possibility that it would be acceptable for someone such as myself to participate in such a dialogue.

I don't intend this in an opportunistic, hostile way, but rather in a sincere way. Though I've traditionally regarded myself as a Maoist (up until recently anyway), these days I find that I have almost as much in common, in terms of my social/political views, with leftist communism as with classical Maoism. Accordingly, I'd like to learn more about the 'communist left' at this point and productively discuss "the theory and practice of the left communist movement in the world today, and the lessons of the historical experiences of the world proletariat".

On the other hand, let it be known in advance that I doubtless will not agree with the majority consensus on the majority of topics. So I do understand if my joining this forum would be deemed unacceptable. If so, one need only let me know here on this thread and I'll formally Leave. Either way, I won't post on this forum further until I get some word on this one way way or the other. Thanks!
  2. Leo
    Leo
    As long as you wish to productively discuss, you'll be very welcome here.
  3. Alf
    Alf
    Agree with Leo.
  4. Monkey Riding Dragon
    Monkey Riding Dragon
    Works for me.
  5. MilitantWorker
    MilitantWorker
    Good to have you!

I would suggest right off bat the ICC's series on the history of the Communist Left. There's one for the Italian Communist Left, the German and Dutch Communist Left, the Russian Communist Left, and the British, too.

Consider it a debriefing of sorts comrade

also, libcom.org has some very rich exchanges between tendencies, too
  6. Monkey Riding Dragon
    Monkey Riding Dragon
    Ah, I remember libcom! I visited there a couple times like a year and a half ago.

...Okay, I found the ICC's site. I'll take a look around. Wow, I just now noticed, after looking at you all's profiles, that most people who have spoken to me so far on the Left Communist forum have been ICC people. Must be a particularly popular group. Yeah, I'll definitely have to look into what they have to say further.
  7. soyonstout
    soyonstout
    The ICC is one of the main international Left Communist groups. In addition to them there is also the Internationalist Communist Tendency (ICT) and then there are a number of other groups, some larger, some smaller (some Bordiguist groups in Italy: Il Programma Communista, Il Proletario, etc., the Internationalist Perspectives group, and others)

check the section entitled "Communist Left" for a list of links to other groups (depending on what languages you speak, some may not have a whole lot for you) http://www.leftcom.org/en/links

-soyons tout