Thoughts on the EZLN?

1. Cyberwave
    Cyberwave
    What are your thoughts on the Zapatista Army of National Liberation, as Marxist-Leninists? Although they do not adhere to Marxism-Leninism and instead to "libertarian Marxism" and anarchism, I think in their situation they're still acting as revolutionaries even if not ideally Marxist-Leninist and even in spite of their non-violence. They still have spread further reasoning as to why neoliberalism and globalization are detrimental to society. Should they be Marxist-Leninists they would of course be more worth defending, more 'successful' and so forth, but at least they seem like open enough people to be educated on Marxism-Leninism if need be.

The reason I ask is because someone was asking me who the EZLN are (I would assume they got it from Rage Against the Machine, of course) and when they did, I realized I hadn't thought about them since I became a Marxist-Leninist so no longer view them as positively as I used to.
  2. The Red Next Door
    Their tendency should not matter, if there is a group that is fighting for the people either they are ML or Anarchist, you should support them. Tendency should not matter at all.
  3. Cyberwave
    Cyberwave
    Their tendency should not matter, if there is a group that is fighting for the people either they are ML or Anarchist, you should support them. Tendency should not matter at all.
    In their case it seems to do them justice, so to speak, but the reality is tendency does matter. It can determine how effective revolutionary activity will be, or to what extent capitalism and the bourgeoisie will remain in power for example.
  4. Charles Xavier
    They are ultra leftist. They preach abstention from politics and have made many critical mistakes which should be examined. That does not mean they are not progressive and have done good work.
  5. The Red Next Door
    In their case it seems to do them justice, so to speak, but the reality is tendency does matter. It can determine how effective revolutionary activity will be, or to what extent capitalism and the bourgeoisie will remain in power for example.
    Yeah, but neverless, we should support them. liwe should care less about tendency and more about the people, we are fighting for. i think when it comes to people, we should move tendency politics aside.
  6. The Red Next Door
    They are ultra leftist. They preach abstention from politics and have made many critical mistakes which should be examined. That does not mean they are not progressive and have done good work.
    Yeah, the Mexican government should been gone bye bye, right now. We can't blame them for their feeling towards politics because politics can't be counter productive toward people's needs, like for example during katrina, the governor and the mayor was playing politics, while people need help.
  7. Marxist
    Marxist
    As for Mexico I favor the maoist EPR more then EZLN though they are bigger and more widely known. But I say we should support the EZLN in this phase of the conflict as they are a revolutionary force in my opinion.