abortion and autism

1. blank
    blank
    not much thyme, i am posting this writing this in haste
    not many are going to look at this, i assuming. but there is this attempt by the christian fascist movement to reach out to the autistic community, of course they are trying to reach out to all different kinds of communities and in using different methods, but i am posting this in interest to this community in particular. with pre-natal testing going on, parents are choosing aborting because is possible that it may develop into autistic. this is what they are using for to trick autistic into supporting ban on abortion... in thymes past these same snakes were burn us at the stake or exorcise us for not have soul.
    a possible solution for is to make awareness for autism and how gifted we actually are so maybe discourage parents from doing this merely for autism, but do not all out ban abortion. most abortions occur due to a woman's choice due to poverty, but in any case it is her choice regardless.
    someone with better writing skills maybe should get into this and write it
  2. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    I've not heard of this trend but it sounds fucking disgusting. It's the result of years of propganda about autistics (and other non-NTs) as lessers and it's no different from sex selective abortion. The actions of the christian right in reaching out to us "souless" types with this crap is sickening cynicism on their part and you're right we should fully and unconditionally reject them; making laws to restrict women's autonomous choices is still abhorent even with such "good intentions".

I can't help but think we wouldn't have this problem if everyone wasn't obsessed with finding a "cure for autisim" or emphasising how weird and "other" they are. Although that, of course, would mean that they couldn't build an industry on that crap.
  3. blank
    blank
    is just so happens that organization named 'cure autism now' is one of the groups that promoting pre-natal exam and recommend on that basis for abortion. then xtian right points their fingers and tricks our kind to support their agenda which is actually anti-woman and not give a fuck about anyone, regardless of neurological type, after being born to the world of shit they are helping to bring about. i am oftenly accused of either being pro-cure, anti-woman, and then as i ellaborate (if that is correct term) i am then accused of riding the fence... while i am currently on one of their hitlists (the xtian fascists) for fucking with one of their rallies. am glad you are understand what my point is.
  4. blank
    blank
    oh yeah, and did i mention: fuck curing autism! the cure is needed for this god damned society from the earth... or other way around... fuck! lol
    just end capitalism/imperialism and all chauvinism, oppression, and exploitation.
  5. blank
    blank
    okay is another attempt at write this:

on anti-cure(autism), and a woman's choice

there is movement gaining momentum in this particular nation (usa) on revoking the right of women to have abortion, and at the root of this movement is what is called christian fascists or christian right. these christian fascists are gaining momentum on attacks on womens' rights and science and gay rights, and even using pseudo-scientific measures to gain acceptance for this. fact is these christian fascists are white supremacist, homophobic, and anti-women.
    and these same christian fascists are seeking to unite with various 'minority' groups to push this anti-abortion agenda, with claim to the Black nation that abortion is responsible for more deaths within the Black nation; with women that abortion is unhealthy to women. completely absurd and unfounded!
    but let's move now to the autistic question. these christian fascists seek to unite with the anti-cure movement. one such group is aspies for freedom. while aff is correct in opposition with groups such as can and dan with their pro-cure standing it is being manipulated in a most disgusting manner by these christian fascist snakes in opposing abortion which is fundamentally a woman's choice. while groups such as can and the dan are promoting prenatal testing screens for autism in fetus before it is born, their line for this is best solution is abortion, with making no awareness known to these parents or even some cases single women that actually want to and have the economic ability to have a child or children of the potential greatness of being autistic, only promoting the hardships associated with it which are largely due to wide spread ignorance and setup of this society as a whole on the matter of autism and autistic people, as well as other 'minority' groups.
    this then is sucking the groups that have the quite correct line of anti-cure, pro-awareness section of the movement into the camp of the anti-women movement. this same camp, the christian fascists, is the same that have burned our kind at the stake, have subjected us to exorcism, in the days past, their hay day, for 'not having a soul'. do not fall for the trickery of these snakes. once they have become victorious in their anti-woman agenda, do not think for a second that they will stand with the anti-cure movement. do not think that they will help to spread awareness, for they are the ones most apt in spreading ignorance on all things, and on all matters. just look at their stance on the gay question, which is actually a question and cause that is very similar to our own albeit is different at the same instant, but is quite similar at the fundamental question of: is this a disease? is this a choice? how many have us been approached by a member of the ignorant with 'you are only wanting attention. you are choosing to be this way.' or those that are less ignorant and are understanding that this is not a choice on our part 'you are sick, we are trying to find a cure for you'. well it is the christian right some of which are not openly bashing people for being homosexual that are 'praying away the gay' and even sending some gay youths into camps and schools to try to 'un-gay them'. upon success on their anti-women agenda it is no question that these christian fascists will join with the can's and the dan's.
    back to the question of abortion. most of abortions are by women who are in a bad economic situation and could not possibly raise a child. most of these are occur as a result of an unwanted pregnancy whether as a result of rape, incest, or just plain ignorance about contraceptives, which is another symptom of the christian fascist movement with their abstinence only education as form of contraceptive. while it is important that we do war against the can's and must seek to spread awareness of autism and discourage couples and even single women who are planning for having a baby or babies from abortion on the basis of the chance that the born may be autistic or other variety of non-neurotypical, we must not seek to do war against abortion altogether and must recognize that fundamentally it is ultimately and solely a woman's choice regardless of why.
  6. Dr Mindbender
    Put simply, its NT's that have the problem, not autistics.