Environmentalism and Technogaianism

1. butterfly
    Do they exclude each other? Or do you see the concepts coming together at some point in the future?
  2. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    I do not see why any reasonable kind of technogaianism will not take the environment into account.
  3. butterfly
    That was phrased quite poorly, what I was trying to establish is if we are going to see technogaianism as an emerging trend within the environmental movement.
  4. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    I always considered technogainism to be a form of environmentalism. A merger between technology-positive ideology and environmentalism - an ideology often associated with technology-neutral or even -negative viewpoint. I'd say then that it is already an "emerging" trend and hope that it will become a more popular and, frankly, relevant trend.
  5. NGNM85
    NGNM85
    I think it's truly tragic (Although, not entirely surprising.) that the Luddite faction has taken over the environmentalist movement. I think GNR technology presents some of the most promising tools to save the environment.
  6. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    I think it's truly tragic (Although, not entirely surprising.) that the Luddite faction has taken over the environmentalist movement. I think GNR technology presents some of the most promising tools to save the environment.
    Don't forget information technology. Because so much data can be stored on a single machine compared with a similar volume of physical storage such as paper or microfilm, IT is inherently more resource-efficient. The physical components are also easily recycled, and IT's flexibility means that it can be used for so much more than data storage.
  7. NGNM85
    NGNM85
    Don't forget information technology. Because so much data can be stored on a single machine compared with a similar volume of physical storage such as paper or microfilm, IT is inherently more resource-efficient. The physical components are also easily recycled, and IT's flexibility means that it can be used for so much more than data storage.
    True that.