Quotes

1. Velkas
    Velkas
    Quotes from Doctor Who or Torchwood, that you like, for whatever reason.

I'll go first. These are all quotes by the Doctor (not the RevLeft member, THE Doctor), and they share a theme:

The Doctor: *No*! 'Cause this is what I'm gonna do - I'm gonna rescue her! I'm gonna save Rose Tyler from the middle of the Dalek fleet, and then I'm gonna save the Earth, and *then* - just to finish you off - I'm gonna wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky!

The Doctor: Do you know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Dalek homeworld? 'The Oncoming Storm'. You may have removed all your emotions, but I bet that deep down in your DNA there's one spark left, and that's fear.

The Doctor: I’m the Doctor. I’m a Time Lord. I’m from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I’m 903 years old and I’m the man who is gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?

The Doctor: I'm the Doctor, and you're in the biggest library in the Universe. Look me up.

The Doctor: Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically... Run.

The Doctor: There is one thing you never put in a trap, if you're smart - if you value your continued existence - if you have any plans about seeing tomorrow there is one thing you never EVER put in a trap. Me.

Gotta love those Badass Boasts.
  2. Angry Young Man
    Angry Young Man
    Yea, that's one thing making me warm to Matt Smith: his hubris. Tennant was always a bit ashamed, but you can easily see Smith in Bret Hart pose, saying 'I'm the fucking Doctor!'
  3. Il Medico
    Il Medico
    I prefer when the Doctor is funny and witty, tbh.
    Ninth:
    "The Doctor: [opening Rose's phone] Tell you what. With a bit of jiggery pokery— Rose: Is that a technical term, "jiggery pokery"?The Doctor: Yeah, I got a first in jiggery pokery, what about you?Rose: [playing along] Nah, I failed hullabaloo."

Tenth Doctor:
    "The Doctor: Oi, you could have someone's eye out with that![The Doctor takes away and deactivates the Leader's energy whip, then grabs the Leader's staff and snaps it in two.]The Doctor: You just can't get the staff. [points at him] Now you! Just wait. I'm busy! [Aside] Mickey, hello! And Harriet Jones, MP for Flydale North! Blimey, it's like This Is Your Life! [to Rose] Tea! That's all I needed! Good cup of tea! Super-heated infusion of free-radicals and tannins, just the thing for healing the synapses. Now, first things first. Be honest. How do I look?Rose: Umm... different.The Doctor: Good different or bad different?Rose: Just... different.The Doctor: Am I... ginger?Rose: No, you're just sort of... brown.The Doctor: [disappointed] Aw, I wanted to be ginger! I've never been ginger! And you, Rose Tyler! Fat lot of good you were! You gave up on me! [Rose looks annoyed] Ooh, that's rude. Is that the sort of man I am now? Am I rude? Rude and not ginger."

"The Doctor: New New York.Rose: Oh, come on.The Doctor: It is! It's the city of New New York! Strictly speaking, it's the fifteenth New York since the original, so that makes it New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New-New New York."

"The Face of Boe: We shall meet again, Doctor. For the third time, for the last time, and the truth shall be told. Until that day... [The Face of Boe teleports away]The Doctor: That is enigmatic. That is text-book enigmatic."

"The Doctor: Well if I gambled on that, it'd be an abuse of my privilege as a traveler in time.
    Rose
    : Ten quid?
    The Doctor
    : Done."

"The Doctor: Oh, this and that. Became the imaginary friend of a future French aristocrat, picked a fight with a clockwork man... [A whinny is heard from off screen] Oh, and I met a horse.Mickey: What's a horse doing on a spaceship?The Doctor: Mickey, what's pre-revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective!"

"The Doctor
    : Oh come on! Did you have to? "No turning back," that's almost as bad as "Nothing could possibly go wrong," or "This is gonna be the best Christmas Walford's ever had!" "

"The Doctor : [Kneeling on the grass with his hand out, in spaced-out voice] Mmmm... tickles...Dame Kelly Holmes Close resident: [To the Doctor, who is crouched on his lawn] What's your game?The Doctor: [Turning round quickly] Snakes and Ladders? Quite good at...squash? [pause] I'm being facetious, I...there's no call for it."

"The Doctor: I like that, "Allons-y". I should say allons-y more often. Look sharp Rose Tyler, allons-y! And then it would be really brilliant if I met someone called Alonso, 'cause then I could say allons-y Alonso every time.... [beat] you're staring at me."

"The Doctor: Deluded. Bless. I'll have to trade her in. Do you need anyone? She's very good at tea. Well, when I say "very good" I mean not bad. Well, I say "not bad" - anyway, lead on. Allons-y - but not too fast. Her ankle's going."

"
    The Doctor: What?[The woman turns around]Donna Noble: Wha-The Doctor: What?Donna Noble: Who're you?The Doctor: What?Donna Noble: Where am I?The Doctor: What?Donna Noble: What the hell is this place?!The Doctor: What?!"

"Martha: But are we safe? Can we move around and stuff?The Doctor: Of course we can. Why do you ask?Martha: It's like in the films! You step on a butterfly, you change the future of the human race!The Doctor: [Bemused] I'll tell you what then, don't.... step on any butterflies. What have butterflies ever done to you?Martha: What if.... I dunno! What if I kill my grandfather?!The Doctor: Are you planning to?Martha: No.The Doctor: Well, then.

Warning, serious:
    "I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired; tired of the struggle, tired of losing everyone that matters to you, tired of watching everything you love turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." /seriousness

"The Doctor: People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff."

Bah I am too lazy to list more right now.
  4. Velkas
    Velkas
    I like those quotes.

Some quotes from Torchwood, funny this time:

Owen:
    [re: the Resurrection Gauntlet.] You know, we never gave it a cool name.
    Tosh:
    I thought we just called it "the Resurrection Gauntlet".
    Owen:
    Cool name.
    Ianto:
    What about... the Risen Mitten?
    [Jack raises his eyebrows and Owen rolls his eyes despairingly.]

Ianto:
    I think it's catchy.

Owen: I hate the countryside. It's dirty, it's unhygienic, and what is that smell?
    Gwen: That would be grass.
    Owen: It's disgusting.

Owen
    : This is Owen's voicemail, don't leave a message.
    Jack
    : Nice try, Owen, I want you back at the hub immediately.

This quote in of itself isn't very funny, but in context it's brilliant:
    "Welcome to the number one supplier of Jellied Eels to Britain and Northern Europe. With a client base of more than 150 retailers, we're constantly looking to expand into new territories. If you're interested in becoming an affiliate or sales partner, please contact our office on the number below."

Gwen:
    Excuse me, have you seen a blowfish driving a sports car?
    [Old Woman points in the direction in which Torchwood are heading]

Gwen:
    [serious] Thank you. [driving away]
    Old Woman:
    Bloody Torchwood.

Tosh:
    No I can't just hook something up! The entire telephone network is down!
    Owen:
    What about a mobile connection?
    Tosh:
    [annoyed] The entire. Telephone. Network. Is down!
    Ianto:
    Mobiles, landlines, tin cans with bits of string - everything, absolutely everything! No phones, phones all broken. [mimics telephone] Hello? Anyone there? [normal] No, 'cause the phones aren't working!

Owen:
    How'd you know that?
    Ianto:
    I know everything! And it says so on the bottom of the screen.

Ianto: I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger shall know no bounds," but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers!

PC Andy:
    She shot the wheels. What kind of "terrorist" shoots your wheels, hm?
    Johnson:
    A clever one.