Software for editing and video making

1. Rusty Shackleford
    Rusty Shackleford
    I hardly know how to edit besides what i learned in a photo class. but, i wouldl like to try to assist.

can we have a thread dedicated to free software for our purpose?
  2. APathToTake
    APathToTake
    I think this would depend upon on who did the editing and how much they know.

But the easiest for windows, for someone with little know-how, would be windows movie maker. For someone with a mac, i think it would be good to consider using Apple iMovie. Both are free.
    If someone has a little money and is willing. There is always Magix movie editor, which is what I use, when I feel like playing around with stuff and I can't complain.

Hope this helps a little.
  3. Tablo
    Definitely do not use Windows movie maker. My experience with it was horrible. I suggest something more like Vegas. I also got some cyberpower video software I have been pretty happy with, but I only used it to make one amv.
  4. Chambered Word
    Chambered Word
    Pirate that shit.
  5. Q
    Q
    Pirate that shit.
    Exactly. Who cares we don't use it legally? We're not a company.

I'm normally a proponent of using open source software, but in this case I don't think we can beat stuff like Adobe (yet ). If you want to use open source software, try Cinerella or Kino.
  6. Tablo
    Since it is against forum rules I will not advocate piracy, but if anyone needs some top of the line video editing software I can help provide it.
  7. Tyrlop
    I used to use Kino but its very crappy, well i don't know if they have improved since 2007. but ive made a couple of small videos with it,
    Q@ Can you recommend Cinerella?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXV6yfPS168
  8. Q
    Q
    I used to use Kino but its very crappy, well i don't know if they have improved since 2007. but ive made a couple of small videos with it,
    Q@ Can you recommend Cinerella?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXV6yfPS168
    I have pretty much zero experience with either software, I just know that these are best offerings on the open source front. I heard pretty positive stuff on Cinerella though.
  9. Tyrlop
    I have pretty much zero experience with either software, I just know that these are best offerings on the open source front. I heard pretty positive stuff on Cinerella though.
    I Looked at some screenshots of Cinerella, it looks really profesional, i've used some commercial programs when i made movies in my university. (i made a music video about mac-donalds)
    So i decided to install Cinerella but i have some trouble installing it on 9.10 Karlic Koala Ubuntu lets see
  10. cop an Attitude
    cop an Attitude
    Fuck windows movie maker, everyone knows when you make a movie on it and there's a reason why its free (nothing's free with Microsoft)

I have Final Cut Pro during the 9 months I'm at school. Its a fairly universal program that can shell out some pretty polished looking video. I'm going to school for editing so if its a problem, then I could help. This project would have no clear pre/post production so editing would have to be going on to create those demos and the final product. If anyone has video/audio footage uploaded online and can somehow share the file, I can help you edit it, if need be.
  11. Tablo
    If you are going to college for editing then you would be of a lot of use.
  12. The Vegan Marxist
    The Vegan Marxist
    Comrades, don't be intimidated by Adobe's huge price sales. We can cheat our way through. Simply click on the link that I'm providing & it'll show you how to get the entire CS4 Adobe collection for free. Good luck to you all: http://download404.mediafire.com/leg...onKeyFinal.zip
  13. Tablo
    Also remember that if you feel uneasy about violating copyrights there are open source alternatives that are freely available.
  14. mikelepore
    mikelepore
    Is there anyone here besides me who uses Magix Movie Edit Pro? It's not free, but another member of my family bought it in a box, so I use it too. So far all I have used it for is to edit family vacation camcorder tapes and write the cut versions to DVDs, and import TV broadcasts so I can edit out the advertisements and then write the programs to DVDs. I also adjust the colors when incandescent lighting makes people look too red or yellow for my taste, and I like to give people a bit more blue. Sometimes when recording TV programs I zoom-in to get rid of the TV channel logo in the corner of the screen -- I'd rather have the picture cropped and not have to look at that irritating trademark. As for the special effects like scrolling titles, I have played with them but never had an actual use yet. I'm not sure how put a new track sound on a different video, but I'd like to figure that out, then I'd try to make some sort of documentaries.