Split in IMT

1. Jolly Red Giant
    Jolly Red Giant
    Given the current crisis in the IMT, I was wondering if any of the CWI members here think there is any possibility of those who have left rejoining the CWI. I would be reasonable to argue that the CWI is closer politically to the IMT than any other far-left organisation (although it has to be said that as time passes they are moving away at an increasing rate). There are no members of the IMT from my part of the world - so I would be interested in hearing the views from those who would have better knowledge of the IMT and its membership.
  2. Mike Russell
    Mike Russell
    to my understanding, some imt members are rejoining the CWI. I think thats what I read in the latest article about the IMT split on the CWI site.
  3. Crux
    Crux
    Their swedish group is really small, but I suppose it's not impossible, what's more likely though is that they will go the way of the greek section of the IMT and just disappear into the organizations they are active in. We have recruited from the IMT before, and I can think of at least one country where we are in contact with IMT members about to go over, even before the crisis. So it's likely we will gain one's and two's. I couldn't speak for pakistan but I know we have recruited from their group there before. I wouldn't be opposed to reaching out to their ex-section in Iran, as far as sections go they would be the one group I think we might win over as a group. We should definately discuss with their members and ex-members in spain if we have the possibility, as well as in venezuela, again this would be largely dependant on if we already have contacts and so on, but as I understand it we have some ex-IMT comrades in our venezuelan section. As was mentioned in the letter their newly recruited section in Brazil was about to go over to PSOL, before they joined the IMT and got persuaded to stay inside the PT, I could see them coming over in a future period. So yeah we should discuss with them where we can, but I am not aware of any large groups about to go over, but I agree they would be closer to us, seemingly. Don't forget though that their former section in Israel today is Yehuda's group so it's not a sure thing.