Practical programme of combatting liberalism on Revleft

1. Prairie Fire
    Prairie Fire
    Okay, Comrades

Me, I'm not one for idle chit chat. That may seem like a paradox, as I post on revleft, but I do so for other motivations than to simply see words appear on the screen when I type.

That said, I think it is time to think about the "Combat Liberalism" group, the sentiments that lead to it's foundation, and what purpose it is going to serve.

The sentiments that lead Scarlet Ghoul to found this group are pretty unanimous, I think: We want to combat liberalism on revleft, which infests this forum (and the contemporary left in general) like a worm rots the indside of an apple.

Now we need to think about the purpose. I posted a relevent article here,as I thought it could help with ideological orientation, but I think that this group should be more than just an avante garde oasis for non-liberals to look at the rest of revleft and sneer.

We need to, I think, act as one, and present a political force on the forum. If we are going to "combat liberalism", then I suggest that we do so. We do so, not through individual battles, but through a concetrated campaign of education and countering and smashing every liberal line that pops up.

In my experience, these revleft "groups" (who's initial formation was influenced by the presence of the Hoxhaist Union) are piling up, but they are generally pretty empty and those that do post there post stimulating conversations about how much the other tendencies suck.

I propose that the membership of the "Combat liberalism" group constitute itself as a political organization on revleft, and we actually set out to do what the name of the group implies, because I'm not too interested in the idea of sitting aroung chatting about " don't liberalz suk? yeah, dey do! LOLZ".

Anyways, can I get someone to second this?

Prairie Fire
  2. Janine Melnitz
    Janine Melnitz
    It's never actually occurred to me that anyone could act as a real "political force" on an anonymous message board. I'm not sneering at the idea, I'm saying I have no idea what that would look like. I'd get behind it for sure.

I do think the posts so far have "helped with ideological orientation" more than aided elitist sniggering (even if they've also done that).
  3. scarletghoul
    scarletghoul
    Yes, it would be great if we could actually start combatting liberalism on RevLeft.

"a concetrated campaign of education and countering and smashing every liberal line that pops up."
    Agreed. I am quite crap at organisation and stuff, so not exactly sure how this can be done. Please share ideas on ways to do this
  4. Communist
    Communist
    To actually stand up for correct principles in an efficient, organized manner sounds like a great idea. I'm in, to the best of my ability.
  5. Bright Banana Beard
    Bright Banana Beard
    This is great ideas never try before, but I would need help about the list of great source.
    The best presentation weapon is with "a concentrated campaign of education and countering and smashing every liberal line that pops up."

If anything, I think we should help securing the source with the common topic in this group.

For example, in this group, each thread is a topic itself and will include a post on: Pol Pot and his policies, FARC, Albania pillboxes, the cause and effect by the kulak class, Kronstadt rebellion, etc.

If anything, we should avoid the individual argument and instead argue with what Prairie Fire had suggest.
  6. Prairie Fire
    Prairie Fire
    To understand a bit about what I'm suggesting, delving into the hystory of the HU on revleft might be useful.

The HU took a bunch of users on revleft, and essentially we did what I'm talking about now. We organized into a group, into a political organization, with the express purpose of crushing the influx of bourgeois politics on revleft, and raising and dissiminating politics.

If there was a tactical weakness of the HU, it was that we organized around ideology rather than around politics and the work of fighting for their implementation. That said, many fellow travellers of Maoist, Trotskyist and Brezhnevite orientations came to our aid, and stood alongside us in battle as well.

Predictably, there was opposition (in heated class struggle, examplified in this case by the conflict between the ideological superstructure of the bourgeoisie and the ideology of exploited and oppressed peoples struggling for communism,), the most notable of which stemming from Malte/Edelwiess, the forum owner himself. I'm not a Maoist (anymore), but I believe Mao said something along the lines of (I'm paraphrasing heavilly) "If you are not being opposed by the bourgeoisie, you are not revolutionary". In this case, we must not entertain any notions that bourgeois ideologues will go down without a fight.

What I am suggesting now is something more pragmatic, something more broad and practical in it's application and goals. When I got here, I always envisioned the ideological and theoretical struggle to be between the Marxist-Leninists, and between the anarchists and revisionists of various stripes. Perhaps that was the way that the situation presented itself in 2006, but now the situation presents itself as, at it's core, a struggle between materialism and metaphysics, between rational thinking and emotional whims, between bourgeois ideas and the ideology of the working class.

The issue no longer presents itself as sectarian in-fighting, because all of the various (some more than others) tendencies have their own representatives on this board who disorient the revolutionary discussion and parrot bourgeois notions straight from the source.

Some of these remenants of bourgeois ideas can be attributed to relatively new exposure to revolutionary politics and lack of eductation; other times, some posters are either straight-up reactionary trolls or hardened "left" veterans who have their mind made up that Orwells fairytales about farm animals are an accurate narrative of the history of the USSR, and won't hear otherwise (let's not forget, Orwell never set foot in the USSR, so he was pretty much in the same boat as everyone on revleft in terms of how he gathered information on going-on's there).

To all those who quote class-vague death tolls and repeat the bourgeois historical narratives as a second-language, we will rise as one and counter them. Those that do this because they don't know any better will be presented with an alternative analysis and eductaion; those that do this, and have been in the left/on revleft for years will be met with the firey text of of solid, rational materialist analysis.

I suggest, in order to accomplish this:

* "Combat liberalism" constitute itself a provisional organization (if you don't like that name, we can change it), complete with internal discussion and organizational discipline.

* All members of "Combat liberalism" keep their eyes peeled, and report liberal remarks to the group. We can't be on every thread, but all eyes and keyboards put together can do some damage.

* We continue to raise polemics in this group, possibly as Black Rifle suggested.

Thoughts? My internet connection will be scarce for the next little while.
  7. scarletghoul
    scarletghoul
    For example, in this group, each thread is a topic itself and will include a post on: Pol Pot and his policies, FARC, Albania pillboxes, the cause and effect by the kulak class, Kronstadt rebellion, etc.
    * All members of "Combat liberalism" keep their eyes peeled, and report liberal remarks to the group. We can't be on every thread, but all eyes and keyboards put together can do some damage.

* We continue to raise polemics in this group, possibly as Black Rifle suggested.
    Alright. I'll make a thread for people to report liberalism.
    Then maybe we can consolidate our experience of arguing these things into polemic threads?
  8. Wakizashi the Bolshevik
    I'm in to report and combat liberal influence in revleft.
  9. Communist
    Communist
    The idea of a provisional organization is excellent. "Anti Liberal Offensive".
    I'm sure Prairie Fire has already analyzed many of the liberal misconceptions in her various posts, so links might be in order - we definitely need to reach a common understanding of these points before any effective 'battle plan' can be implemented.
    PF's suggestions (as well as BR's) haven't been debated so it appears all are in agreement thus far :-)
    Scarletghoul, are you the only one who can create folders in the group?
  10. scarletghoul
    scarletghoul
    Folders? What do you mean?
    Sorry I'm kind of a noob at this
  11. Communist
    Communist
    My fault. I meant 'threads'.

EDIT: Sorry for the absurd question....flu :-(
  12. scarletghoul
    scarletghoul
    Anyone can make threads, just click the Post New Discussion link
  13. bellyscratch
    Lol stalinists! :d
  14. RHIZOMES
    RHIZOMES
    I like the ideas in this thread, I'll post any Liberalism I see to this group.
  15. ComradeRed22'91
    ComradeRed22'91
    i fully agree, count me in.