After so long, why did I join a group?

1. Floyce White
    Floyce White
    Comrades,

Most of you know me as a stubborn type who starts few threads, but picks and chooses where to attack weak arguments. I have neither the time nor the inclination to worry about petty matters of day-to-day administration. However, I do realize that playing black means predictably surrendering the early initiative. This weakness I now repair.

I was not surprised when the Commie Club imploded. The weaknesses of the CC were evident soon after I joined.

Years ago, Novel Gentry had its measure, but didn't press his best argument. Novel Gentry started a new message board, Rebel Alliance Forums, where he renamed himself Gent. I had a productive conversation with Gent over the hypothetical possibility of a "working-class anarchism." Rebel Alliance Forums eventually closed due to lack of support. The failure of Rebel Alliance pretty much closed the door to Gent's hyperdemocratic approach. A different solution must be sought.

Many insiders posted that Revleft is run by a clique. None of us should harbor any illusions about cliques and hangers-on. Friendship circles or other nonpolitical bases for organization are ultimately very political. To successfully present our ideas, our society must be principled. We must advance our goals in Revleft under the discipline of our commitment to the working class--not loyalty to any individual or group. Our success with this group depends entirely upon our confidence in ourselves. Thus, this group is a practical example of the uniquely communist method of anti-organization.

As individuals, we learn and grow by being true to our beliefs, by admitting what we don't know, by acknowledging agreement with what we do agree, and by supporting one another as is appropriate. Our personal growth strengthens our group, strengthens our struggle, and brings nearer the day of our liberation.

Our literary endeavors on Revleft will not always succeed. The political/administrative problems will interfere with our speech. Revleft's polarized atmosphere needs a solution: a polarized solution. I suspect that Revleft will establish exclusive voting blocs, and will ask each member interested in administration to join one and only one of these blocs. If this does not happen formally, it certainly will happen informally. The supporters of various factions will be asked to provide candidates for admins and mods, and the decisions will be made in secret. Either way, the same thing will happen. This is the right time to join a tendency.

I join this group in the hope that you will help me learn and grow. You can help me be a better initiator of theoretical struggle. In turn, I offer my help in your growth. Together we will succeed.
  2. CornetJoyce
    CornetJoyce
    We proles salute the winning faction of the Inner Party, whichever faction it is.
  3. Floyce White
    Floyce White
    Wow! Were you lurking all this time or in prison? Wait, don't answer that! No, go ahead.
  4. CornetJoyce
    CornetJoyce
    My singular lack of nostalgia for the gulag renders me unfit for revleft discourse, so I've just been checking in to gather material toward the founding of a postrevleft therapeutic community. Want to sign up as the staff lobotomist?