i know i don't

1. samofshs
    samofshs
    i know that I'm also in the christian leftist group (heck, I started it.), but my line of beliefs and philosophies draws a lot on some common eastern beliefs. for example, I meditate and practice bowing to people. also, it looked to be more of a discussion group anyways so why not?

just though Id some up why i joined. what do you guys believe, specifically?
  2. Holden Caulfield
    I don't believe in any of them. Why do you practice bowing to people?
    Which of the easterns beliefs do you think most applies to Christianity?
  3. samofshs
    samofshs
    well I originally was taught to bow to people in my karate training. but it's to show that the spirit in me respects the spirit within you. make sense? and a lot of "eastern" beliefs apply to christianity starting with the respect for life that the buddha preached and branching out from there.
  4. ComradeMan
    ComradeMan
    I read a far out theory that Jesus may have travelled to India and studied with Buddhists and Hindus. Who knows?
    There are a lot of parallels too, especially if you read the stuff the established church left out.
  5. Red Dreadnought
    Red Dreadnought
    Probably would be interesting to have common discusions with christian leftew or atheists.

Very interesting your contribution with martial arts. I'll practisize Aikido, but I was to lazy to continue. Now I'm practising Kundalini Joga.
  6. samofshs
    samofshs
    I read a far out theory that Jesus may have travelled to India and studied with Buddhists and Hindus. Who knows?
    There are a lot of parallels too, especially if you read the stuff the established church left out.
    i don't care if he did go there, I do see the parallels and in fact, my group, "christian leftists", just had a discussion on whether or not you can be buddhist AND christian. we determined that you can (after asking a buddhist to join the discussion). and I read the things the established church left out and even just verses that they put in, but are never talked about. i.e. the entire book of revelations. the last good sermon i heard on revelations was never.