I'm a "speciesist"

1. ls
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciesism

And apparently meat eaters are just as bad as racists.
  2. samofshs
    samofshs
    well no. we are not. when you look at humans do you see any difference in behaviour based upon race? NO! YOU DON'T! when you look at all living things do you see a difference in behaviour based upon species? YES! YOU DO! and if this nutjob's theories were right anyways, then wouldn't plants have the same rights as animals based on my observation? then everything would starve. i'll take some moar bacon plz!
  3. LOLseph Stalin
    LOLseph Stalin
    Bacon...
  4. Revy
    Revy
    "well no. we are not. when you look at humans do you see any difference in behaviour based upon race? NO! YOU DON'T! when you look at all living things do you see a difference in behaviour based upon species? YES! YOU DO! and if this nutjob's theories were right anyways, then wouldn't plants have the same rights as animals based on my observation? then everything would starve. i'll take some moar bacon plz!"

How would you feel if I ate your dog/cat/other kind of pet?

*this might elicit a libertarian-esque argument about property*

How about if I ate any dog/cat/other kind of pet, that didn't belong to anybody, a stray? I cooked it and I found it tasty.

Yep, I'd be crucified for it.
  5. Charles Xavier
    These bastards discriminate against apples!
  6. samofshs
    samofshs
    stencil. good point, but i really wouldn't care if you ate some stray dog. (my dog, yes, because i love my dog) but theres even e guy that lives near me who goes out every day and shoots as many iguanas as he can find and eats them. I really don't see any difference between any non-domestic animals.
  7. Dyslexia! Well I Never!
    Dyslexia! Well I Never!
    I might have to play the out rightist's hand here for the sake of discussion but here goes.

Who cares it's not like the pigs, cows, sheep, osritches, chickens, boar, salmon, mackrel and other animals that we eat the flesh of are demanding equal rights or anything.

I think if they had the capacity to understand they would find veggies really goddamn funny. Just think of it we are the only species on the planet that has moral reservations about the food we require to survive.

Let me put it to you this way have you ever seen a Lion get weepy over killing a young gazelle's mother? no.

So are we speciesist? Honestly? Yes, yes we are and that's how the world works and why we're still alive.
  8. Luisrah
    Luisrah
    ''How about if I ate any dog/cat/other kind of pet, that didn't belong to anybody, a stray? I cooked it and I found it tasty.

Yep, I'd be crucified for it.''

Uh, don't chinese eat roaches and dogs?

Do they get crucified?
    I never heard of that.
  9. samofshs
    samofshs
    hey, your borderline rascist there. watch your tone.
  10. ChrisK
    ChrisK
    Well, these people think all species are equal. If species are eating each other, then it would be horribly speciest of us to think ourselves above such normal behavior.