Ninja death punch

1. Dr Mindbender
    Made of win.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
  2. Module
    Module
    Glen looks like a wanker
  3. Dr Mindbender
    Glen looks like a wanker
    Er yeah, thanks for that.
  4. Module
    Module
    Well he does!
  5. Dr Mindbender
    Well he does!
    Say it to his face.
  6. couch13
    couch13
    Say it to his face.
    I do hope you understand that the boxer hit harder than that. In fact, that technique is useless, its not killing anyone. If such an attack would kill, explain why boxers, kickboxers, thai fighters and mixed martial artists are dropping dead left and right from far harder punches.
  7. Dr Mindbender
    because you have to hit a specific pressure point, or 'kyusho' as it's often called in the bujinkan.
    Boxers and kickboxers do not specifically target these points.

This video explains more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R96rWOoXU-U

The target that the OP video refers to is known in japanese as 'shinchu'.
  8. couch13
    couch13
    because you have to hit a specific pressure point, or 'kyusho' as it's often called in the bujinkan.
    Boxers and kickboxers do not specifically target these points.

This video explains more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R96rWOoXU-U

The target that the OP video refers to is known in japanese as 'shinchu'.
    Not according to the original video. According to that he only has to hit the breast plate in front of the heart. Thats a spot boxers target becasue it hurts like hell to get hit there.
  9. Dr Mindbender
    Not according to the original video. According to that he only has to hit the breast plate in front of the heart. Thats a spot boxers target becasue it hurts like hell to get hit there.
    The first video was wrong then, but the theory is sound. (it is possible to kill with a single blow to the heart, i checked this with my instructor who is 6th dan) if you hit a specific area as illustrated in the second video, the blow is concentrated and does more damage.

Besides which, because boxers punch with big padded gloves, it tends to distribute the shock of the blow meaning less damage is done to a specific area. Practitioners of nin jutsu tend to strike with the naked fist, or even parts of the fist like the knuckle or finger joint.
  10. couch13
    couch13
    The first video was wrong then, but the theory is sound. (it is possible to kill with a single blow to the heart, i checked this with my instructor who is 6th dan) if you hit a specific area as illustrated in the second video, the blow is concentrated and does more damage.

Besides which, because boxers punch with big padded gloves, it tends to distribute the shock of the blow meaning less damage is done to a specific area. Practitioners of nin jutsu tend to strike with the naked fist, or even parts of the fist like the knuckle or finger joint.
    Well then science doesn't back up your claim at all. Also, has your master killed anyone with the blow? Does he know anyone who has? If not he knows nothing about killing people.

And strangely those gloves allow you to hit much harder than you could without them. That padding protects your fist from breaking. I don't care how it distributes, the force per square inch will be greater.
  11. Dr Mindbender
    Well then science doesn't back up your claim at all.
    I wouldnt know about that. The reason chest compressions are practiced on a dummy rather than a live person is because pressing one's chest can disrupt the heartbeat.

It is the same principle that this blow is meant to kill someone, via a concentrated hit to a specific target. If you don't believe it works though, be my guest, try it on one of your friends.
    Also, has your master killed anyone with the blow?
    I'm guessing not, otherwise he'd be in prison.
    Does he know anyone who has?
    Er yeah, about 1000 years of generations of the togakure ryu ninjutsu.

Unlike boxing, ninjutsu has actually been tried and tested on the battlefield.

The MA was invented to protect farmers and villagers from armies of marauding samurais, so it had to be deadly.

And strangely those gloves allow you to hit much harder than you could without them. That padding protects your fist from breaking. I don't care how it distributes, the force per square inch will be greater.
    I care, because the blow caused by a boxing glove will be more general therefore less likely to disrupt important signals and fluid movement from the body's organs.

If you watch the second video, the locations of the pressure points are sigificant because they highlight the position of organs and main blood vessels. The practitioner doesnt kill by brute force; they kill by combining the technique with an awareness of anatomy.

Secondly, another point you're ignoring that a boxing glove by nature is padded and is therefore going to absorb a lot of the shock of the impact, taking it away from the target.

Lastly, Why do you think the ends of bullets are pointed rather than flattened?

Same principle.
  12. Sasha
    Sasha
    sorry US, but your into religion not sport, under the right circumstances (preferbaly an oponent with an heartcondition or an landing on a solid concrete floor ;-) ) yes a lucky punch on the right place can kill someone but the ninja death punch is a myth for the pyjama party crowd not sommething real.
  13. Dr Mindbender
    sorry US, but your into religion not sport, under the right circumstances (preferbaly an oponent with an heartcondition or an landing on a solid concrete floor ;-) ) yes a lucky punch on the right place can kill someone but the ninja death punch is a myth for the pyjama party crowd not sommething real.
    Well, i never claimed to be a sportsman, i am a martial arts practitioner. There is a huuuge difference.

We don't usually witness mortal combat (no pun intended) these days so i still don't accept the religion punt.

Today competitive MA's are regulated under highly supervised conditions. Boxers wear brainbuckets for a reason. The traditional MA's were developed for the benefit of those who had to overcome seemingly impossible odds, up to and including killing their opponents. I think theres also reason why when we're doing kenjutsu training, the defender is often unarmed. You don't fight against a katana blade or ninjato open handed unless you know you can deal an equally bad fate.
  14. couch13
    couch13
    I wouldnt know about that. The reason chest compressions are practiced on a dummy rather than a live person is because pressing one's chest can disrupt the heartbeat.

It is the same principle that this blow is meant to kill someone, via a concentrated hit to a specific target. If you don't believe it works though, be my guest, try it on one of your friends.
    And yet hitting the heart anywhere involves chest compression. Thus, boxers are, once again, doing the exact same thing. As are mixed martial artists who use gloves so small that the blow is very percise.

Oddly, I've been hit like that. By personal experiance I can say it didn't kill me... I think.

I'm guessing not, otherwise he'd be in prison.
    Therefore he doesn't know.

Er yeah, about 1000 years of generations of the togakure ryu ninjutsu.

Unlike boxing, ninjutsu has actually been tried and tested on the battlefield.
    Right, because there are so many stories about it happening in old legends. Old legends also tell us of a Monkey King who flew on clouds and was invincible. Strangely I don't believe he existed.

The MA was invented to protect farmers and villagers from armies of marauding samurais, so it had to be deadly.
    You need history lessons. Ninjitsu was a derivative of Yamabushi warrior monk fighting styles. They didn't go anywhere near battlefields, they were spies who avoided fighting at all costs.

I care, because the blow caused by a boxing glove will be more general therefore less likely to disrupt important signals and fluid movement from the body's organs.

If you watch the second video, the locations of the pressure points are sigificant because they highlight the position of organs and main blood vessels. The practitioner doesnt kill by brute force; they kill by combining the technique with an awareness of anatomy.
    Fine, I'll grant an understanding of anatomy and use of technique as being important. Now I'm going to tell you that the technique used in the first video is pathetic. None of his bodyweight gets behind the blow. He's relying purely on acceleration to power the blow. If such a blow could kill, then every time someone gets hit directly on the heart, they should suffer a heart attack, but this isn't the case.

Secondly, another point you're ignoring that a boxing glove by nature is padded and is therefore going to absorb a lot of the shock of the impact, taking it away from the target.
    Go watch some early MMA matches when they were barefisted. Plenty of guys got hit in the heart. Additionally, watch Scott Morris (a ninger) vs Pat Smith (a kickboxer). Its a very fun match.

Lastly, Why do you think the ends of bullets are pointed rather than flattened?
    Aerodynamics. Pointed bullets travel further than flat head bullets. Also, why are hollow tip bullets more deadly than pointed armor piercing bullets?

Same principle.[/quote]
  15. couch13
    couch13
    Well, i never claimed to be a sportsman, i am a martial arts practitioner. There is a huuuge difference.

We don't usually witness mortal combat (no pun intended) these days so i still don't accept the religion punt.

Today competitive MA's are regulated under highly supervised conditions. Boxers wear brainbuckets for a reason. The traditional MA's were developed for the benefit of those who had to overcome seemingly impossible odds, up to and including killing their opponents. I think theres also reason why when we're doing kenjutsu training, the defender is often unarmed. You don't fight against a katana blade or ninjato open handed unless you know you can deal an equally bad fate.
    Boxers don't wear anything on thier heads dude.

If a psycho wielding a katana comes at you...RUN!!!!!!!!! Its generally safer.
  16. Dr Mindbender

If a psycho wielding a katana comes at you...RUN!!!!!!!!! Its generally safer.
    I know how to disarm someone with a katana.
  17. couch13
    couch13
    I know how to disarm someone with a katana.
    And yet its far smarter to run. Those psychos aren't nearly as complient as a partner. Being a ninger won't save you in the real world.
  18. Dr Mindbender
    And yet its far smarter to run. Those psychos aren't nearly as complient as a partner. Being a ninger won't save you in the real world.
    Firstly, if you get cut, its because you did the technique wrong, not because you didn't run away.

Try and attack Hatsumi Sensei or Stephen Hayes with a sword, and see what unfolds.

Secondly, despite what you may think the katana is a more complicated instrument to use than ''just lunge with it and hope for the best''. A complete amateur fighting with one against even an unarmed expert will have little chance of hurting or killing them, especially if their ukemi is shit hot. Only the top 3 inches or so of the sword blade actually does any damage, and if you miss, you've blown it. Theres actually a specific technique involved in just holding a sword handle, let alone attacking with it. All of which plays a part in the weapon's effectiveness.

Besides which, i can't run because it triggers my asthma. In a combat situation i'd have no choice but to fight.
  19. Dr Mindbender
    Boxers don't wear anything on thier heads dude.

lol wut?

20. couch13
    couch13
    Firstly, if you get cut, its because you did the technique wrong, not because you didn't run away.

Try and attack Hatsumi Sensei or Stephen Hayes with a sword, and see what unfolds.

Secondly, despite what you may think the katana is a more complicated instrument to use than ''just lunge with it and hope for the best''. A complete amateur fighting with one against even an unarmed expert will have little chance of hurting or killing them, especially if their ukemi is shit hot. Only the top 3 inches or so of the sword blade actually does any damage, and if you miss, you've blown it. Theres actually a specific technique involved in just holding a sword handle, let alone attacking with it. All of which plays a part in the weapon's effectiveness.

Besides which, i can't run because it triggers my asthma. In a combat situation i'd have no choice but to fight.
    Lol...lol...lolollololololll.

Asthma will be induced WAY MORE by fighting than by running.

Oh, btw attacking those guys they would get hurt. Truly you aren't stoping a sword with your hands.
  21. couch13
    couch13
    lol wut?

His head has no protection.
  22. Dr Mindbender
    Oh, btw attacking those guys they would get hurt. Truly you aren't stoping a sword with your hands.
    I didnt say they would use their hands to stop the sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0c5z...1&feature=fvwp