Decent leftist discussion sites?

1. Janine Melnitz
    Janine Melnitz
    Forums, blogs etc.; you seem like the best folks to ask. (I realize there's a "websites" board here but fuck if I'm wading through that.) Ideal would be something that wasn't founded as an anarcho-Guevarist fan club (I mean, one side of that hyphen or the other would be fine). Also ideal: anywhere TAT doesn't administer/frequent/get spoken of at all.
  2. Charles Xavier
    facebook has a bunch. rabble.ca is a left and social democratic discussion forum, Soviet-Empire.com is another decent discussion but some sketchy people there.
  3. Marxist
    Marxist
    I thought that anarchists hate Che
  4. Charles Xavier
    I like Che, but he is wrong that revolutions can be exported.
  5. Janine Melnitz
    Janine Melnitz
    Nobody can hate you when your face is like the Coca-Cola logo. I like Che too, and maybe his stock has dropped lately, but from what I gather, the founders of this site were among the many, many kids who idolized him without knowing the first thing about him (e.g. that he shot people like them). Sort of bizarre, since surely they knew he had something to do with the Totalitarian Cuban Evil Dictatorship they like to whinge about.

Thanks Tupac; I've checked out S-E before, seems to be mainly a historical fetishism deal? What I like about RevLeft is that you really do get (interminable, repetitive) discussions about important theoretical/practical problems, and it's nice to have so many tendencies represented; I don't even mind that a lot of people here are stupid (a lot of people everywhere are), but the hegemony of liberals, ultralefts, pubescents etc. is a little disheartening.
  6. RHIZOMES
    RHIZOMES
    I always wish we could just start our own message board, sort of like a Leninist version of Libcom. The Leninist majority wouldn't be enforced by banning non-Leninists or anything, non-Leninists would just most of the time not be attracted to posting there.

The problem is you need to have the neccessary capital to get such a board up and running, rather than the millions of message boards on the internet which are shit and completely inactive and have discussion every 3 months. So obviously this was no problem for a capitalist like Malte.
  7. Smalltown Boy
    Smalltown Boy
    I'm currently thinking about working on establishing something like marxistleninist.net if anyone is interested in putting together a working group with me?
  8. Charles Xavier
    We should start our own message board. Theres nothing for Communists. Soviet-Empire is pretty insulting of a name.
  9. Smalltown Boy
    Here's the mailing list I have established to discuss sort out establishing something along the lines of a m-l.net discussion forum...

http://groups.google.ie/group/marxism-leninism