Hatsumi sensei

1. Dr Mindbender
    the grandmaster in action.

+ YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
  2. Dr Mindbender
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
  3. al8
    Alot of this is very comical. And the masters students seem very compliant. I know this might him just be explaining basics, therefore doing it slowly and just for show obviously. But is there a point where all this is tested in praxis or near praxis, as in through progressive resistence?
  4. Dr Mindbender
    Alot of this is very comical. And the masters students seem very compliant. I know this might him just be explaining basics, therefore doing it slowly and just for show obviously. But is there a point where all this is tested in praxis or near praxis, as in through progressive resistence?
    you're right, you have to remember that a lot of these are being demonstrated in a learning environment so it has to be slowed down so that the observers can see what is going on. There is no reason that once learned, the practitioner could not apply the moves with a greater degree of speed and fluidity.

Also in budo taijutsu, a lot of the techniques are designed to cause serious injury when applied with intent. So it is essential to do the moves slowly to avoid having an ambulance load of injured students!
  5. YourMuDoIsWeak
    YourMuDoIsWeak
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awGpWzJVgMA
    compare this to this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-bjEP0uE_A
    their is plenty of reason why non compliant training does not help against a resisting opponent... if your opponent is not trying to hit/throw/strangle you how do you know your capable of doing it when it counts?

their is a reason why Military personel train with resistance unlike most Bunjikan its because it better prepares you than compliant training we see there.
    the funny thing is the bunjikan isnt even popular in japan its seen as comical and not even koryu.
  6. Dr Mindbender
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awGpWzJVgMA
    compare this to this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-bjEP0uE_A
    their is plenty of reason why non compliant training does not help against a resisting opponent... if your opponent is not trying to hit/throw/strangle you how do you know your capable of doing it when it counts?

their is a reason why Military personel train with resistance unlike most Bunjikan its because it better prepares you than compliant training we see there.
    the funny thing is the bunjikan isnt even popular in japan its seen as comical and not even koryu.
    If you're so confident that the bujinkan is non affective, you should challenge dr hatsumi, i guarantee you'll come off the worst.

the thing about the bujinkan and other ninjutsu schools it isnt all flailing of arms and legs that counts- its about spacial awareness, feet position (or kamae) and knowing what your opponent can and cant do at a certain point in time during the technique.

Its not much good just flurrying your blows like a madman- it wastes energy. By concentrating your blow on a specific target its far more effective. If your opponent is in a position to hit you it means youve done something wrong hence the need to train slowly. The fluency of technique comes with practice.

By the way that first video actually features stephen hayes who was disgraced from the bujinkan for starting a copycat school. I've even listed him in the 'mc dojo' thread.
  7. YourMuDoIsWeak
    YourMuDoIsWeak
    If you're so confident that the bujinkan is non affective, you should challenge dr hatsumi, i guarantee you'll come off the worst.

the thing about the bujinkan and other ninjutsu schools it isnt all flailing of arms and legs that counts- its about spacial awareness, feet position (or kamae) and knowing what your opponent can and cant do at a certain point in time during the technique.

Its not much good just flurrying your blows like a madman- it wastes energy. By concentrating your blow on a specific target its far more effective. If your opponent is in a position to hit you it means youve done something wrong hence the need to train slowly. The fluency of technique comes with practice.

By the way that first video actually features stephen hayes who was disgraced from the bujinkan for starting a copycat school. I've even listed him in the 'mc dojo' thread.
    Do you train against a resisting opponent? does your school spar/fight?
    if not how do you know you techniques can work?
  8. Dr Mindbender
    Do you train against a resisting opponent?
    it wouldnt be relevant to the content because the whole point of the technique is to use split moments of opportunity to take the opponent down right away.

In training we have the concept of 'attacking with intent' but admittedly its only applied within the boundaries of training. Thats not to say it wouldnt work in a real fight because it would happen so quickly when performed by an expert.
    does your school spar/fight?
    if not how do you know you techniques can work?
    the techniques i've learnt are applied to avoiding a streetfight, not getting into one.
  9. YourMuDoIsWeak
    YourMuDoIsWeak
    it wouldnt be relevant to the content because the whole point of the technique is to use split moments of opportunity to take the opponent down right away.

In training we have the concept of 'attacking with intent' but admittedly its only applied within the boundaries of training. Thats not to say it wouldnt work in a real fight because it would happen so quickly when performed by an expert.

the techniques i've learnt are applied to avoiding a streetfight, not getting into one.
    Ok, well then i hope it work for you when you need it then...
  10. Dr Mindbender
    Ok, well then i hope it work for you when you need it then...
    i'm confident it will thanks.
  11. jaffe
    jaffe
    how come that a ninjutsi guy never got far in a MMA tournament?
  12. Dr Mindbender
    how come that a ninjutsi guy never got far in a MMA tournament?
    ninjas dont participate in competitive tournaments
  13. jaffe
    jaffe
    maybe that also has its reasons
  14. Dr Mindbender
    maybe that also has its reasons
    the reasons are that ninjutsu is too dangerous to be used at competitive level and that it would corrupt the spirit of the art.

It's naysayers say those are excuses but make of it what you will.