Feminist rep. elections proposal

1. KrazyRabidSheep
    KrazyRabidSheep
    3. My final suggestion is perhaps we could designate a "recruitment officer" for the feminist group, who's job would be to patrol the discrimination, introduction, and other forums for prospective members and PM them.

We could sticky a post in this group where we could nominate and elect the "recruitment officer" for a short term; perhaps for a month or so. This would be an excellent opportunity to increase feminist activity and allow it's members, both CC and non-CC to participate in revleft affairs.

I can elaborate on this idea if it interests our members, and we can discuss it at length until the group comes to a consensus as to how such a system should be run.

If we tried this and it works fairly well, we could spread this system to other groups within revleft, since many of us belong to multiple groups, and appoint other "officers" as needs arise.
    How I envision such a system working would start as a sticky post where anyone belonging to the feminist group can nominate any other feminist group member for representation as "recruitment officer". After an individual has been nominated, other members may second the nomination. If the nominated individual does not wish to represent our group, they may say so in that thread.

For the last week of each month, the forum mod., the acting "recruitment officer", or another representative (see below) will start a poll with the incumbent and the other members who received the most "seconds" in the nomination thread, in order of seconds (so if more then nine members are nominated, only up to ten are in the actual poll.)

Example: A is the incumbent, and X receives 3 seconds, Y receives 5 seconds, and Z receives 1 second.

The Poll should display in this order:
    A
    Y
    X
    Z

At the first of the next month, the election will be over, and the winner of that election holds office. The nomination process will start over with a new thread (the old threads and polls can be deleted.)

We can discuss what we wish to do in the event of a tie here.

We could also hold similar elections for a domestic facilitator who will be responsible for issues within the feminist group such as making sure these elections run smoothly.

In the case that one of these representatives cannot preform their duties, we can assign a temporary representative (such as whomever finished 2nd in that particular election) to step in.

Finally, I don't see any sort of impeachment or removal process being needed, since the terms will be rather short (which is part of the point). However, if we find we need one, we can implement one without too much difficulty, I think.

Please, what does everybody else think?
    Please find holes and weak points in this system if you can and propose improvements/ amendments to such a system.

However, remember that this is just a small portion of an internet forum; so don't take this too seriously (have fun with it). I think we will find the simpler we can make this the better in the long run.
  2. Module
    Module
    Isn't that a little bit .. overly complex? Why don't we just have 3 days of nominations (I highly doubt more than 10 members will be nominated), 1 week of voting, 2 months of serving, and repeat?
    Anyway, I nominate .. krazyrabidsheep
  3. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    Isn't that a little bit .. overly complex? Why don't we just have 3 days of nominations (I highly doubt more than 10 members will be nominated), 1 week of voting, 2 months of serving, and repeat?
    Anyway, I nominate .. krazyrabidsheep
    Seconded
  4. apathy maybe
    Yeah, my support in the other thread was sarcastic. I don't actually think it's a good idea to elect someone to propagandise this group. I don't know why whomever wants to just doesn't do it.

So, in that case, fuck this election (I won't be voting) and just say, if you want to do it, go for it.

This is one of those cases where it doesn't hurt if more then one person does it, and we don't actually need to elect anyone to have a "mandate" to do it.

Too much formalisation is a bad idea!