Feminist Group Membership

1. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    The groups seem to be quiet as of late, so I thought I would post this thread. If you know of any RevLeft member interested in discussing feminism, old or new, who isn't a member of this group, send them a PM or post their username here and the group moderators can invite them.
  2. apathy maybe
    Since when the fuck did this become a moderated group? It was originally a public group, open to everyone.

Meh... What happened?
  3. F9
    F9
    since the board changed and updated a lot of things change,and most of the groups,gone for sleep.

Fuserg9
  4. KrazyRabidSheep
    KrazyRabidSheep
    1. Perhaps somebody could post a sticky in the introductions forum encouraging new members to join one or more of the groups.

2. Perhaps there is also a way to reward members who contribute positively to member groups somehow.

3. My final suggestion is perhaps we could designate a "recruitment officer" for the feminist group, who's job would be to patrol the discrimination, introduction, and other forums for prospective members and PM them.

We could sticky a post in this group where we could nominate and elect the "recruitment officer" for a short term; perhaps for a month or so. This would be an excellent opportunity to increase feminist activity and allow it's members, both CC and non-CC to participate in revleft affairs.

I can elaborate on this idea if it interests our members, and we can discuss it at length until the group comes to a consensus as to how such a system should be run.

If we tried this and it works fairly well, we could spread this system to other groups within revleft, since many of us belong to multiple groups, and appoint other "officers" as needs arise.
  5. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    Since when the fuck did this become a moderated group? It was originally a public group, open to everyone.

Meh... What happened?
    Well, whoever can do that then, I don't know.
  6. apathy maybe
    3. My final suggestion is perhaps we could designate a "recruitment officer" for the feminist group, who's job would be to patrol the discrimination, introduction, and other forums for prospective members and PM them.
    That's a great idea. I nominate krazyrabidsheep.
  7. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    That's a great idea. I nominate krazyrabidsheep.

I agree, and seconded.
  8. KrazyRabidSheep
    KrazyRabidSheep
    Okay, then I suppose I'll start another thread where we can discuss that issue:

here
  9. Module
    Module
    Whoops, sorry guys Haven't looked here in a while
    I don't think it's ever been public simply because I've never changed it.

Can somebody tell me how I make it public?
    I can't see any links on the group page or anything
  10. RedAnarchist
    RedAnarchist
    Whoops, sorry guys Haven't looked here in a while
    I don't think it's ever been public simply because I've never changed it.

Can somebody tell me how I make it public?
    I can't see any links on the group page or anything
    I have no idea. PM an Admin and ask them?