Reading material and other helpful resources

1. al8
    Since the old thread was lost in the board update. We should repost what we remeber and ad further what we think would be of use to comrades.

I myself was came to revleft through reading the redstar2000 papers. It's an interesting read and is a compilation of post by this competent poster. The author speaks in a plain and concise manner, and is a staunch old-school communists with alot of experiance on his shoulders. The site that hosts the papers is http://rs2kpapers.awardspace.com/
    However the site is riddled with missing link so I suggest comrade download the archive in its entirety (in .rar format); here.

If you do so you can browse the archive even when off line. I recomend the Comunists and Religion series in the theory section.

So please post links to either audibooks, documentaries, archives, pamphlets, articles or whatever that could be of aid in the struggle against religion and superstition.
  2. al8
    Could a mod make this a stickie?
  3. Dros
    Dros
    "AWAY WITH ALL GODS: UNCHAINING THE MIND AND RADICALLY CHANGING THE WORLD"

by Bob Avakian
  4. mykittyhasaboner
    mykittyhasaboner
    heres a good site. its got alot of info, and some media as well.

http://www.atheistempire.com/

.....btw, we really need to get this group active again. this was my favorite one before the server upgrade. then it went to shit.
  5. Madvillainy
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]"In defence of atheism : The case against Christianity, Judaism and Islam" by Michael Onfray is a must read in my opinion. [/FONT]
  6. NGNM85
    NGNM85
    I'd recommend Richard Dawkin's "The God Delusion", and Sam Harris's "The End of Faith". Christopher Hitchens' "God is Not Great" is decent, but not quite as good.
  7. explosive toaster
    explosive toaster
    I know it's not really a theoretical work, but I'm reading Sinclair Lewis's Elmer Gantry right now and I would definitely recommend it to anyone into literature. It really shows the hypocrisy of the devoutly religious Christians at the beginning of the 20th century, especially during the prohibition years. Still very applicable today.
  8. ∞
    Why I'm not a Christian-Bertrand Russell
  9. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    Actually, the old thread is right here.

I tried to merge the two but it wouldn't let me, so I guess we can have two threads?
  10. NGNM85
    NGNM85
    "God and the State" by Bakunin is also worth reading.
  11. TheGodlessUtopian
    TheGodlessUtopian
    It's not really pure anti-theism but I found "American Fascists:The christian right and their war on america" by Chris Hedges to be a good read.

Also Bill Mayor's "Religilous" documentary was great.