Your personal brand

1. bcbm
    bcbm
    Let's talk about it! How would you describe your fashion, what styles are you repping, anything you'd like to work in but haven't yet, etc!
  2. which doctor
    I think this winter I'm going for the "lumberjack chic" look.

What color stormy kromer should I get?
    http://www.stormykromer.com/index.ph...od&productId=1

3. bcbm
    bcbm
    I'd say blaze orange or plaid, then camo, then black, then anything else. What would you wear for a top?

I was thinking of going for a sort of 80's upper class art student look this fall/winter, with some larger sweaters with big colors over obnoxious printed shirts, some collared, some not. Maybe work in my leather dress shoes.
  4. which doctor
    I was thinking of charcoal actually. I'm not sure about the top yet, probably plaid or something, I imagine I'll be wearing my parka a lot this winter. As for bottoms, it'll probably remain skinny jeans because I don't want to spend much money on pants.

Another look I'm thinking of going for is that of the "aloof professor" but I think that's just because I like wearing wool sweaters.
  5. bcbm
    bcbm
    Wool sweaters are great. You could also work in the suit-coats with elbow pads. I've always been fond of those.

Now that I'll have a bit of money again (including 250 extra bucks) I think I might do a bit of a splurge in some thrift stores. I could definitely go for some new stuff, I haven't bought new clothes in ages. Any suggestions on where to go fashion wise? I have some ideas, but its interesting to hear what other people think would work.
  6. Le Libérer
    Le Libérer
    I'm actually going the late 80s route too. I recently went to the thrift stores to shop ( I've lost 20 lbs) to buy a few things until I'm the size I want to be. I picked 3 skirts, all three have pink or pink and black print, whish I plan to wear sloppy black knit sweaters over, and black opague stockings, with mary janes.
  7. Black Dagger
    I'm actually going the late 80s route too. I recently went to the thrift stores to shop ( I've lost 20 lbs) to buy a few things until I'm the size I want to be. I picked 3 skirts, all three have pink or pink and black print, whish I plan to wear sloppy black knit sweaters over, and black opague stockings, with mary janes.
    Ooh, that sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pics, i bet you'll look great
  8. Mujer Libre
    Mujer Libre
    To be honest, I have no idea how to describe my style... I tend to go for sort of classic, curve-flattering cuts (which generally means vintage/vintage-style dresses and skirts) paired with random quirky bits from op-shops- like silk scarves, tights and slightly over the top jackets. (My favourite is a green velvet infantry jacket. That definitely wasn't op-shop, but I just couldn't say no. Oh and my red duffle coat. <3))

Oh and I have a thing for cameos. And colours. At the moment it's yellows and greens.

And I never, ever pay full price. :P

Of course, most days I have to wear "smart casual" to clinical placements, but even then I try to jazz that up a bit with scarves and boots.
  9. bcbm
    bcbm
    I agree with BD, that sounds pretty rad!

My favourite is a green velvet infantry jacket. That definitely wasn't op-shop, but I just couldn't say no. Oh and my red duffle coat.
    Nice! Any pictures? Those sound fun.

I think one of my favorite accessories to liven up an outfit is this Italian polyster disco shirt with the big collar and everything. Horribily obnoxious print, but it works... I attached a picture. I also have a lovely sweater with some flying ducks on it. And loads of obnoxious pullovers from the 90's.
  10. which doctor
    bcbm, you should go for the jonas brothers look and tell people you're just trying to be ironic
  11. bcbm
    bcbm
    Then I'd need another person or it wouldn't work. And you just volunteered yourself, sucker.

Dibs on the one on the left.

But srsly, do you think going for a justice-esque leather jacket over a hoody look is too played out?
  12. Black Dagger
    Sidebar, who are the Jonas bros? They look abit douchey The disney logo in the background doesn't help em either! But yeah, i reckon the guy on the left looks like he's doing fancy dress - the 'look' just looks to forced/contrived.
  13. Le Libérer
    Le Libérer
    This is a visual of what I have in mind. I cant believe I actually found a pic.
  14. More Fire for the People
    More Fire for the People
    I mix preppy, hipster, and urban/hip hop fashion.
  15. Os Cangaceiros
    Os Cangaceiros
    I don't really have any fashion sense whatsoever.

Hooded sweatshirts, jeans, and t-shirts is pretty much all I wear. Maybe some fashion sense will rub off on me from this forum, though.
  16. bcbm
    bcbm
    We should give you an e-makeover Agora.
  17. Mujer Libre
    Mujer Libre
    By the way, I love Indian fabrics. Like this skirt.
  18. bcbm
    bcbm
    Oo that's an awesome fabric!
  19. Djehuti
    Djehuti
    I dress in various "styles", but I especially like mod clothing (Ben Sherman, Clarks, Merc & Levis stapresst-jeans etc).

But I'm also interested in the WW2 shirt, braces and coat-style:
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart...0torchwood.jpg
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/3...b51fa70a11.jpg

Might try that.
  20. bcbm
    bcbm
    Go for it.. with the revolver. ;-)
  21. JimmyJazz
    JimmyJazz
    What are these kind of jackets called? I wanna get one:

22. More Fire for the People
    More Fire for the People
    Peacoat.
  23. bcbm
    bcbm
    I want the shit out of a peacoat. It'd go with all the stuff I've been getting from American Apparel since they opened one here.
  24. Bilan
    Bilan
    It's a double breasted peacoat, not just a peacoat, you fiends.
  25. Bilan
    Bilan
    I'm into 80's (post punk, as well as electro), vintage (I know, cliché) and indie fashion.

e.g.

26. bcbm
    bcbm
    Please get the haircut in that last picture, plz.
  27. Bilan
    Bilan
    no way, that guy looks mint.
    You know its true. It's morrissey-ish.
  28. Module
    Module
    I am influenced by skinhead, and 60's mod style. My favourite brand (I recognise now that brands are not what this thread is really about ) is probably Fred Perry! There are few things they make I don't like and I really fancy Lacoste at the moment, too, but only admiration from afar as I only own one shirt by em.
    Yep.
    edit:
    It's a double breasted peacoat, not just a peacoat, you fiends.
    All peacoats are double breasted!
  29. Ephydriad
    Ephydriad
    I'm thrift store chic.
    I especially love 80s neon and clashing bright colors. The thrift store is the best place to get "ugly" vintage stuff, which is my absolute favorite. Especially on half price monday, a bright winter coat is $6.
    I also have a pair or two of multi-colored paint-splattered pants (I do tech for my school's theatre, so I have ample opportunity to collect more splatters "P)
  30. Bilan
    Bilan
    I like the way you think.