For all the Hoxhaist talk of "Anti-Revisionism"

1. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    For all the Hoxhaist talk of "Anti-Revisionism," look what we've got here:

http://www.revleft.com/vb/ecuadorean...56/index2.html

Certainly not, but as has been noted the Hoxhaists took part in the former government in ecuador, although they did quit after 6 month's (probably realizing Gutierrez wasn't the "patriot" he seemed). And now they're advocating armed insurrection against Correa in midst of a coup led by parts of the police force? I am not saying Correa should necessarily be supported, I have no doubt in the political limitations of his movement, but Hoxhaists seem to be perpetuatly standing on their head politically. Not all that dissimilar of the confused tactics of the Comintern under stalin against fascism, with the ultra-left Third Periodism quickly followed by Popular Frontism and alliances with the bourgeoisie.
    Why the bloody hell did the Ecuadorian Hoxhaists succumb to ministerialism and coalitionism? Here I'm not referring to running in elections, but to participating in legislative coalitions, accepting cabinet posts, etc.
  2. thälmann
    thälmann
    who said that hoxhaists cant make wrong politics or couldnt become revisionists??
  3. Roach
    Roach
    I think this might be worthy of Necromancing.

This would be assuming that all the members that of the MPD that hold any political offices are all Marxist-Leninists, which is not completely true, the Movimiento Democratico Popular (People's Democratic Movement or Popular Democratic Movement) is NOT the marxist-leninist vanguard of Ecuador, this is the role of the PCMLE, the MPD however, could be considered a Mass-Organisation and a Democratic-Front-like Party. The need for such organisation is due to the semi-legality of the PCMLE itself, as well as the natural isolation that most Communist Parties face after the fall of the SU. The MPD's usually campaings under trade-union, peasant, native american struggles and plataforms.

But I would be lying if I said that the MPD is not heavily influenced by Marxism-Leninism and the PCMLE, their ''spiritual'' leader is Jaime Hurtado, a PCMLE CC member that openly praised Marxism-Leninism, Josef Stalin and Enver Hoxha on his speeches, even when he campaigned for the Presidency of Ecuador. This raises the question of ministerialism and parlamentery cretinism, I dont believe any of those strike the MPD, much less the PCMLE, not only the MPD is an active opposition front for anti-popular measures, that again include trade-union, peasants and native american political struggles.

The principles of the MPD could only be put under suspicion and distrust in the case of an opportunist behavior during the campaing for Hurtado's presidency, for example if the MPD pursued a capitulationist-line for the sake of eligibility. That was not the case, and did in fact cost the election and Hurtado's life. Both MPD and PCMLE have not really changed anything in their plataforms since then.
  4. Roach
    Roach
    who said that hoxhaists cant make wrong politics or couldnt become revisionists??
    This is true, but not in this case.
  5. Die Neue Zeit
    Die Neue Zeit
    That's interesting to note.