Smoking + asthma

1. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    Does smoking alleviate asthma? I've been diagnosed with it recently, but it's not that bad. I rarely have to use an inhaler, but I'm still worried it could get worse cuz da smokez. I hope not because I don't want to stop, feels too good.
  2. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    It certainly doesn't alleviate asthma, quite the opposite in fact; it will more than likely make you worse. It might be worth giving up or at least cutting down.
  3. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    Fuck I didn't mean to say alleviate. My stamina has gone down sooooooooooooo much since I've been diagnosed with it. Maybe it's best I do give up. How about using those plastic filters instead?
  4. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    Fuck it, I could hardly run 10 seconds without gasping for air anyways.
  5. Panda Tse Tung
    Panda Tse Tung
    I have bronchitus and i smoke, got the same problem. I get tired really easy. Though i build my stamina by the work i do, which does save something. But the average person can outrun me with ease.
  6. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    If you smoke with asthma you should be aware that you're basically doubling the damage of the cigarette. As a smoker with asthma, I highly recommend the following: cut down on your smoking, drink shit-tons of water, exercise as much as possible (aerobic exercise - like running), and cut down on your smoking. I smoke under 10 cigarettes a day and refuse to surpass that limit.

Also, you should not be smoking with bronchitis, at all. Bronchitis is a greatly worsened by smoking and if you continue to smoke you will develop 'chronic bronchitis' which is even less fun - I should know, I did this. Stop smoking until your bronchitis passes, then you can pick up again. Oh, and drink lots of water - lots.

Just some tips from one smoker to others,
    - August
  7. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    I only smoke about 1-3 a day now and drink lots of water, need I still exercise?
  8. LeninBalls
    LeninBalls
    I've been smoking up to 10 a day since all this happened and I feel fine. When will I unexpectedly drop dead?
  9. Jack
    Switch to cloves (though they're technically illegal in the US, I don't know about Canada), buy Djarum Blacks, they're expensive but it'll help with the asthma.
  10. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    Switch to cloves (though they're technically illegal in the US, I don't know about Canada), buy Djarum Blacks, they're expensive but it'll help with the asthma.
    No they won't. They were originally thought to help but research indicates that they contain the same amount of tar and nicotine as regular cigarettes and there's no qualitative difference in how they affect your lungs.
  11. Decolonize The Left
    Decolonize The Left
    I've been smoking up to 10 a day since all this happened and I feel fine. When will I unexpectedly drop dead?
    I smoke just under 10 a day, and neither of us is going to drop dead. If you're not interested in taking your health seriously, then don't bother. But if you are, my previous post was not to get you to stop smoking, but things you can do to help the fact that you do.
  12. Jack
    no they won't. They were originally thought to help but research indicates that they contain the same amount of tar and nicotine as regular cigarettes and there's no qualitative difference in how they affect your lungs.

I trust Wikipedia!