Defend the Iraq 128! Stop persecution of Homosexuals in Iraq! Spread the word!

1. Bad Grrrl Agro
    Bad Grrrl Agro
    It has been brought to my attention that 128 gay men have been rounded up and arrested simply for being homosexuals in Iraq by the USA backed Government. They have been sentenced to death. This is an atrocity that needs to be stopped. I call on all Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Transfolks, Str8 Allies, and all willing to stand up against bigotry, murder, persecution, oppression, hate, and violations of people's basic human rights to speak out and sign this petition. Please get others to sign this petition. Keep the word spreading like a wild fire that we will never stand for persecution. Remember that 128 human lives count on everyone to speak out.

Sign This Petition!!!

Some wise words to keep in mind:

"Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for the one who thinks differently"
    -Rosa Luxemburg

"Just as despair can come to us only from other human beings, hope, too, can come to us only from other human beings"
    -Elie Wiesel

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
    -Margaret Mead

"When the Fascists started marching many millions had to pay;
    We saw them rise to power but we looked the other way.
    It happened once before and it can happen once again--
    Will you show me that I didn't die in vain.
    Remember me, when the crosses are a burnin',
    Remember me, when the racists come around.
    Remember me, when the tides of peace are turnin',
    Remember me and please don't let me down."
    -Phil Ochs

Remember that the worst atrocities in history were not made possible by the terrible people who committed them, but by those who passively sat by and took no action against the events taking place at the time.
  2. Trystan
    Trystan
    Yeah, well, it's not surprising. Iraqi freedom yeah.
  3. Janine Melnitz
    Janine Melnitz
    I'm guessing the quadruple post was unintentional

Fucking lame that I can only "soft delete" the dupes

Anyway this information is probably doing more good on the Discrimination board but thanks for bringing it here