Anti-Flag

1. Fawkes
    Fawkes
    What are your opinions on Anti-Flag? I personally can't stand them and I find their music way too preachy and boring.
  2. mykittyhasaboner
    mykittyhasaboner
    They are one of my favorite bands. I don't find them to be very preachy, they are just very political.
  3. Pirate Utopian
    Pirate Utopian
    They use a very annoying pop-punk style and come across as selfrighteous ****s.
  4. Sickle of Justice
    Sickle of Justice
    yeah, i used to be a huge fan of them, but got bored fairly quickly. they arn't bad though. they have clear flaws, preachyness among them, but overall i like them on occasion.
  5. Riot11
    Riot11
    I have to pick and choose when it comes to them. But over all i like them.
  6. AK
    But, but...I love Anti-Flag...
  7. BlackHeart
    BlackHeart
    I hate them very very very much... sold out bastards, lol!
  8. Communist Pear
    Communist Pear
    The only reason I went to see them was that I won two tickets... I SWEAR YOU GUYS. Nah, I like some of their songs, but they are straight edge reactionary morons and they published two albums on a Sony record company. Yeah.
  9. Ztrain
    Ztrain
    Sonically I enjoy them,buut indeed they have sold out...I prefer NOFX!
  10. NGNM85
    NGNM85
    "Die for the Government" was amazing! One of my favorite albums. For those who haven't heard it it's worth a listen, it sounds nothing like their new stuff, which I find to be sort of a mixed bag. Also, I think their designation as "sellouts" is totally unfair and unjustified. First, I think that word gets thrown around far too liberally in the punk scene, where, unfortunately, success is a capital crime. Second, I don't think signing to a major necessarily consitutes "selling out", I just think it's a bogus definition. Lastly, what Anti-Flag did was sign a limited deal with a major record company which stipulated they would have total creative control. The album was completed, and they have since returned to an indie label. If that's "selling out" the word has lost all meaning.
  11. Unkut
    Unkut
    I like them but they're getting too soft. Signing to a major is selling out too in my opinion. Not labels like Epitaph or Fat Wreck but actual majors like Sony, Columbia, etc.

Overall I just dig the early to mid 80s hardcore bands the most, but still like some Anti-Flag, NOFX, Pennywise, etc. Just don't get as stoked on it. It's lacking some of the energy that the first wave of hardcore punk bands had. A little too much song
  12. Red Brigade
    Red Brigade
    One Trillion Dollars is a good song and has a good point.
  13. thriller
    thriller
    Underground Network and Mobilize were fucking awesome. I think they're sellouts tho. I still rock out to 'Bring Out Your Dead'
  14. Cane Nero
    I personally like some musics of their new album (The people or the gun) and the 3 musics of their EP.
  15. homegrown terror
    liked them as a teenager, but the older i get the more i despise them. met them at an ANSWER rally back in 2003 or 2004, they were self-important toolbags in person.
  16. newdayrising
    newdayrising
    Hate it. Sounds like a weird mix between kiddie punk and something that takes itself too seriously, the musical equivalent of an annoying 8 year old who pretends to be grown up.
    Ok, they're political, but there are other political bands that don't sound like mall punk.
  17. Comrades Unite!
    Comrades Unite!
    The Clash destroy Anti-Flag
  18. leftistman
    They have some good songs but I can't stand their annoying pop-punk sound. To me, they come off as a real Green Day-type "punk" band(self-righteous assholes who think they know anything about politics). If I want political punk, I stick with bands like Bad Religion, the Dead Kennedys, the Casualties, Against Me!, etc.
  19. thethinveil
    thethinveil
    Sign to a major - you are a sell out. Esp. when there are plenty of great DIY methods to promoting, producing, releasing and distributing.