your opinions please...

1. Sasha
    Sasha
    the folowing thread in the news section fell quickly of the list wich i regret beacuse i think it should be discussed.
    so i repost the articel here with my responce in the hope people will give their opnion.

>>>>>>>>
    Newsbot
    RevLeft RSS Posting Bot
    Forum Moderator

[anarchistnews.org] Feminist Self-defense: No God! No Master! No Sexist Aggressions!
    El Libertario published in its 51st edition (Venezuela, Novermber - Dicember 2007) a text compilation that expresses important aspects of what anarchism proposes may be done to face the growing problem of gender violence. </p> This society bases itself on a sexual hierarchy that socializes women in fear, consent, obedience, adaptation-resignation and total surrender to others. The assumption of this submission has devastating effects on our self esteem, and makes us blame ourselves for the discomfort and the frustration that we feel in our lives. Whether we assume these roles or we fight against them, we feel guilty, and that’s were the trick is. This feeling provokes certain attitudes of passivity and victimization that blocks our rage, so necessary for change. The obedience to some forced roles lead to failure.

To fight against this obedience that kills our autonomy, alienates and forbids us to defend ourselves at the same time it favors the established social order, we propose the feminist self-defense which consists of the f

read more: http://www.anarchistnews.org/?q=node/4050

6th June 2008, 17:56

psycho
    antifa hooligan

"Classes do not involve any physical contact unless a student is ready and wants to."

Which means the training does not prepare for actual contact. There are many fairy tales around, both in martial arts and in certain (middle class, pacifist) feminist circles.

If you want to be able to stand up for yourself you will have to be able to fight. There's no such thing as defending yourself against violence and intimidation without having to fight yourself. You will need to learn how to handle being hit, kicked etc. and keep your cool as well as being able to (counter) attack effectively.

This cannot be learned without physical contact. Which doesn't mean you need to put yourself in danger. Of course contact training can and should be done safely and sensibly. But pacifism posing as self defence training doesn't work.
    >>>>>>>
  2. Pirate turtle the 11th
    Pirate turtle the 11th
    Teach women the same self defense as men get taught not some crappy middle class stuff which only raises sell esteem.