Georgia/Alabama?

1. miccal99
    miccal99
    It seems like we are all voices shouting into the void here, so allow me to add my own...

Anybody from Alabama or Georgia here?
  2. Atlanta
    Atlanta
    Im from metro Atlanta
  3. PCommie
    Whew comrade! Born it Atlanta, lived in Marble Hill. For about a year or so, then we moved to Florida and it was all downhill from there.

-PC
  4. redwinter
    yeah...if you're in atlanta, check out revolution books...it's in little 5 points, at 1089 euclid ave ne. they have a website: http://rbo-atlanta.blogspot.com
    pm me if you want more info on happenings in atlanta
  5. Andrei Kuznetsov
    Andrei Kuznetsov
    Atlanta native here... currently hiding out in Gwinnett, but I still pop up here and there.

I <3 Atlanta.
  6. blank
    blank
    ughhh, been stuck here all of my life

nothing against this group, but i can't wait to leave it and this region
  7. Buffalo Souljah
    Huntsvaylle, Aylabama here. (pronounced with a strong Southern accent) Are there any grassroots efforts or collectives to join around these parts? It does seem rather void-like except for Internet social networking. Kind of makes you nihlistic rather quickly.

What's everyone doing in their communities? I work at a local soup kitchen in my spare time, and tutor at the Boys' and Girls' Club. It's not much, but it helps me give back to the community some. Maybe we could set up meetings, or some kind of reading group or something. Anyone want to read Lenin as a group?
  8. Tablo
    Anyone around Birmingham? My area seems pretty devoid of any real Leftists.
  9. redphilly
    redphilly
    My family roots are in Alabama (Tallapoosa county) g pop was a union man. I'm up in the notheast. Might I suggest a reading group of the book /Hammer and Hoe: Communists in Alabama in the 30s/ The book was a real eye opener for me and answered a couple of questions about my g-pop.

I'm no Stalinist, but think this book is an excellent beginning to a discussion of building a southern left.
  10. Tablo
    I have seen that book on Amazon. Maybe I will pick it up.
  11. jweathers777
    jweathers777
    I'm in Smyrna just north of metro Atlanta.
  12. blank
    blank
    may the ga experience nuclear holocaust as rest of world... but am specially orgasms for idea of ga burning
  13. Mack MacHeath
    Mack MacHeath
    if you like ga burning check out the ga burn festival "Alchemy" burn it down baby!
    Im a alabama, louisiana, georgia boy, currently drifting through atlanta, anniston, auburn, columbus, augusta, need to make it down to new orleans again soon
  14. Mumbles
    Mumbles
    Tsukae, not to worry, there's another Birmingham, Alabama native crying out into the void. Haha
  15. chegitz guevara
    chegitz guevara
    There are probably more commies in Atlanta than all of Florida.
  16. Tablo
    Yeah, Atlanta is a hot spot in the south for the Left.
  17. Heathen Communist
    Heathen Communist
    I was born in Florida, but I live near Atlanta now
  18. KurtFF8
    KurtFF8
    It seems like some of ya'll should become contributors to http://www.southernleftists.net (I'm an admin there so if you're interested, let me know via PM)
  19. southernmissfan
    southernmissfan
    I'm in the north Alabama area. And Kurt I do try to read yall's site fairly regularly.
  20. Iraultzaile Ezkerreko
    Iraultzaile Ezkerreko
    If you're in Atlanta and want to know about stuff that is going on, feel free to shoot me a PM.
  21. TheColourOfDespair
    TheColourOfDespair
    I'm South of Atlanta. I've found a couple Lefties about at Theatre Competitions but otherwise nothin