What kind of non-neurotypical condition do you have?

1. Honggweilo
    Honggweilo
    the only ones i could come up with atm, burn away!
  2. Kami
    Kami
    Possible to add Dyspraxia/Developmental Coordination Disorder? I know a fair proportion of this group (and population; I've heard 1 in 10 men, less for women) have it, myself included. Also, any way of making it multiple choice?
  3. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    Other: Ass-pie and dys-spastic. (Aspergers and dyspraxia).
  4. RHIZOMES
    RHIZOMES
    Should be multi-choice.

I'm only Ass-pie though.
  5. Guerrilla22
    ADHD here
  6. ÑóẊîöʼn
    ÑóẊîöʼn
    Another vote for ass-burgers here :P
  7. piet11111
    piet11111
    Pdd-nos
  8. Honggweilo
    Honggweilo
    It should be multiple choice, can the group mod fix it?

Btw am i the only one with dyslexia?
  9. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    It should be multiple choice, can the group mod fix it?
    I'm having trouble working out how :s all the obvious methods turn up nothing . I'll try to sort it out ASAP.

Btw am i the only one with dyslexia?

Seems it, which is odd given that dyslexia is relatively common (certainly more so than aspergers).
  10. RHIZOMES
    RHIZOMES
    Seems it, which is odd given that dyslexia is relatively common (certainly more so than aspergers).
    I think people with Aspergers are more likely to post on a message board than people with dyslexia.
  11. Cult of Reason
    Cult of Reason
    It is a bit vague for me.

My first assessment at 14 concluded: "atypical autism very similar to Aspergers"
    My second assessment at 18 said: Non-Verbal Learning Disorder/Right-(brain)Hemisphere Dysfunction, which, according to an apparently growing minority of psychologists, is just another way of looking at AS. It is speculated, however, that RHD might be caused by my RBH suffering damage during my difficult birth. Who knows?
  12. Honggweilo
    Honggweilo
    I think people with Aspergers are more likely to post on a message board than people with dyslexia.
    hahaha true, dyslectics are more likely to lurk and post picture-meme's
  13. which doctor
    stuttering
  14. The New Manifesto
    The New Manifesto
    ADHD

I also have a fine motor problem...
  15. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    Hai Guyz remember this group?
  16. The Intransigent Faction
    The Intransigent Faction
    Asperger's, but I voted "Other" because I have a dual diagnosis of that and OCD.
  17. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    Bit late to mention now, but the poll is multiple choice. (Took a while to change it too )
  18. INDK
    INDK
    Aspergers Syndrome. I take a 2mg dose of Abilify, a bipolar disorder medication, because the most prominent symptom I have displayed is basically bipolar anger issues (1 to 100 in 2.5 seconds, is how my psychiatrist put it).
  19. shorelinetrance
    shorelinetrance
    Adhd.
  20. Pirate turtle the 11th
    Pirate turtle the 11th
    Dyspraxia.
  21. Rascolnikova
    Rascolnikova
    ADD-NOS, auditory processing delay, probably AS and possibly Sensory Integration Disorder.
  22. 9
    ADD, Sensory Integration Disorder, Dermatillomania (an OCD-spectrum disorder).
    In addition to those, I've been diagnosed with depression (ongoing for ten years with several bouts of depressive-psychosis) and as of recently, avoidant personality disorder.
    I have mixed feelings about the ADD diagnosis - I tend to feel that referring to it is a disorder is not really justified.
  23. Rascolnikova
    Rascolnikova
    ADD, Sensory Integration Disorder, Dermatillomania (an OCD-spectrum disorder).
    In addition to those, I've been diagnosed with depression (ongoing for ten years with several bouts of depressive-psychosis) and as of recently, avoidant personality disorder.
    I have mixed feelings about the ADD diagnosis - I tend to feel that referring to it is a disorder is not really justified.
    I think lots of things that are called disorders aren't really that problematic--or, they don't have to be that problematic. .. they just require adaptation. And they can add valuable new approaches to our repertoire.

but then, that's what the whole neurodiversity thing is all about.
  24. butterfly
    OCD, Major Depression, Social Anxiety Disorder
  25. Rascolnikova
    Rascolnikova
    Sometimes I wonder: is depression neurological divergence, or merely sanity in the face of modern life?
  26. butterfly
    Sanity in the face of modern life slightly improved by SSRI's
  27. Jazzratt
    Jazzratt
    Sometimes I wonder: is depression neurological divergence, or merely sanity in the face of modern life?
    Neither. Although one could be neurologically inclined toward it, I suppose.

What I noticed during my years of depression was that it was characterised by an extreme, irrational self centeredness. I don't know if this is the experience of others, but I was quite often surprised by how selfish the thoughts were and the complete lack of perspective. I notice that this persists during relapses as well.

Perhaps the lack of empathy in many neurodivergents makes them more prone to depression and, of course, depressed people seem more prone to anti-social/social avoidant personality types.
  28. butterfly
    It can also be at the other end of the spectrum aswell, when one's super-ego goes into overdrive, neither are very pleasant.
  29. Sprocket Hole
    Sprocket Hole
    Schizoid Personality Disorder

Not sure if that fits the group, but I got it.
  30. Dyslexia! Well I Never!
    Dyslexia! Well I Never!
    Guess what? I'm a Dyslexic.

I also happen to live about 6 minutes from where Dr. William Pringle Morgan first diagnosed the first case of Dyslexia.