How are you guys doing?

1. Redistribute the Rep
    Redistribute the Rep
    Well, I have been able to get back on track since the holidays, although I am afraid to weigh in because I overate and I know the scale will show a gain after all the hard work I put in before the holidays. So, I don't really have a starting weight right now. Anyway, how did you guys fare? Did the celebrations derail you a bit, or were you able to stick to your weight loss plans?
  2. BIXX
    BIXX
    My first day at the gym since the holidays is tomorrow or the next day. It will also be my first weigh in in a while. I'm anticipating that it'll be about 150 pounds. My goal isn't really to lose weihht but to replace fat with muscle, and also get better at the mma stuff.
  3. Redistribute the Rep
    Redistribute the Rep
    Height?
  4. Quail
    Quail
    I'm trying to eat less and do a few strength exercises 5 days a week because I feel fat and unfit. At the moment I'm doing 50 sit-ups, press-ups, lunges and star-jumps, and 30 squats and leg-lifts. Next week I get back to Judo after injuring my foot, hooray

I only really want to lose a few kilos and get back to being comfortably under 52kg so I can fight in that category.
  5. Redistribute the Rep
    Redistribute the Rep
    As an update : I've done alright this past week. Eating a little more than I usually do when trying to lose weight, but still have a calorie deficit so I guess not much to really complain about. Still haven't weighed in yet
  6. CaptainCool309
    CaptainCool309
    From the summer of 2014 I'm proud to have worked hard in losing 15 pounds and dropping my weight from 165 to 150 by the start of November. But thanks to the holidays, the turkey, the ham, the endless desserts, etc... I've gained about 7 pounds. But once tennis season kicks in during the spring and the weather outside gets better, I plan to continue losing body fat, putting on muscle, and improving my cardio physique. I wish you guys the best in your fitness goals, but I am curious to know your workout routines. I like Quail's calisthenics routine, I need to step up my lunges and star-jumps game.
  7. Redistribute the Rep
    Redistribute the Rep
    Huh, I don't have a workout routine at the moment, as I don't have any exercise equipment or money and time to go to the gym. Also I live with my family so I can't just run up the stairs or something as that would be bothersome. I thought it would be interesting to try some dancing that I could do in my room and learn off of YouTube, does anybody do that?
  8. CaptainCool309
    CaptainCool309
    Well extensively working out is not completely necessary to losing weight anyways. A lot of it is having a healthy diet, and just being more active on your feet.
    Dancing is one of the best ways to stay active, because it's so much fun, and you can take it with you for the rest of your life. Those reasons are also why I took up tennis, but back to dancing, yes. I'll admit it. I go onto Youtube every once in a while, watch some of greats (James brown, Jackie Wilson, Micahel Jackson, etc...) put on some good dancing music, and just dance my heart away for a good hour or so. I used to think Dancing was stupid and that i'd never get into it, but then I found out that it's not stupid. It's fun, it keeps your heart pumping, your joints limber, and the ladies love a man who knows how to dance
  9. Sentinel
    Sentinel
    I am determined to lose some weight after the holidays, and a general period of slow but certain weight gain. So I started a Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet yesterday. This will be my second time on one, but far from the first time I go on diet (my record is 17 kilos in about 3 months). I simply don't find the time and the energy to work out, but it has usually been easy for me to drop in weight by diet only, and should work now too.

The goal this time is to go from a bit over 80 kilos/176 lbs (actually my weight is probably around 79 kilos, but the damn scales are chained to the floor in the middle of the gym here at work so I couldn't take of my pants) to 72kilos/158,4 lbs. I believe BMI (body mass index) is total bs, as it doesn't take into account the amount of muscle mass, but it is still somehow symbolical as I'm 172 cm tall.

So, I will be eating as little carbs as possible, so the diet will consist of bacon and eggs, meat, shrimps, cheese and mayo etc, as well as above ground growing vegetables (rootfruits have too much starch which converst to carbs/sugar). I am at work on the sea, so it may become challenging at times, especially when it comes to warm meals, which are provided for free but there is not always too much to choose between. On other hand it is easy to pick what I want on my plate.

The easily hardest part is to abstain from beer, the worst possible beverage for an LCHF-er, and unfortunately the only alcohol I enjoy. I usually drink at least a few (3-5 small cans) per night after work; at home I go to the pub every other day. So I won't be cutting it out completely but am restricting it to Fridays and Saturdays only.

Anyways I will be weighing myself every 5 days.
  10. Redistribute the Rep
    Redistribute the Rep
    I've done high fat with much success, I would recommend including coconut oil. You can use it for cooking or add to your coffee, I put it in my tea and see noticeable differences in weight loss. It's also good just to up your calories in case you don't have time to make something, like how you said you would be busy.