in case of revolution

1. DOOM
    DOOM
    So uh, I guess I'll write in english so guys besides us will understand us.

I agree with the notion that the working class is rather a crucial part of capitalism than a group of people with the historic mission to lead a revolution (which was the main reason I've got attracted to value criticism in the first place, as I held this position previously).
    However, I don't understand how the revolutionary process would look like. I have no fucking idea, and to my understanding, Kurz and the others weren't being really detailed about this too. So what the fuck is an emancipatory revolution?
  2. John Lennin
    John Lennin
    To be honest: I dont know.
    Afaik there is no real concept of how a revolution could look like.
  3. John Lennin
    John Lennin
    Maybe it's due to the fact that value criticism still is a very young theory.
    Actually it is so incomplete that it's not even a real theory yet.
  4. DOOM
    DOOM
    Indeed. Maybe it's better this way. Rationalizing this process wouldn't be too good, as we've learnt from the revolutions in 1917.
  5. motion denied
    motion denied
    Near the end of Collapse of Modernisation Kurz says that an actual revolution would be not an act of a class against another class, but a "movement of suppression", a social force, that would encounter only executives, politicians, emergence and administrative apparatus as barriers. But yeah, vague as it can get.

Here's a critique of the Manifesto Against Labour.
  6. DOOM
    DOOM
    yeah that's the crit theory standpoint has Kurz adopted. However, it's still pretty vague and it bothers me a bit.
  7. John Lennin
    John Lennin
    The major problem is: We are running out of time.
    I think the only thing we can do: demystify capitalism. "Spread the word"
    (Depressing, maybe we should revive the old slogan: "no future")
  8. DOOM
    DOOM
    we're doomed
  9. AsozialerKommunist
    AsozialerKommunist
    What about "Lokale Aktivitäten" (Local Activities) on the exit-online.org website?