Dictatorship of the Proletariat?

1. Bostana
    Bostana
    What is the general view of this tendency on the Dictatorship of the Proletariat?
  2. St Pauli Bhoy
    St Pauli Bhoy
    While we're asking, what about the tyranny of progress itself? Isn't the goal of 'progress' (shared by communists and capitalists alike) inherently tyrannical, when used synonymously, as it usually is, with "economic growth" at all costs?
  3. Црвена
    I disagree with any sort of dictatorship. After a Communist Revolution has occurred, a new world will have been created. Social class or any aspect of the previous world should no longer matter - bourgeoisie of the old world should not be regarded as inherently bad and proletariats not as inherently good, but rather regarded as people with the right to have the same amount of political power as everyone else. Dictatorship of the proletariat wants to turn our existing pyramid social structure into an inverted triangle, I want it to be a line.
  4. Zoroaster
    Zoroaster
    "Dictatorship of the Proletariat" is one of the most misinterpreted parts about Marxism. Yes, when he used it in "The Communist Manifesto", he meant dictatorship. When he used it when debating Mikhail Bakunin, he meant a democratic government entirely ruled by the workers themselves. So, if you mean a democratic government that would exist only for a short time, then hell yeah! If you mean a party beurarcracy like the Soviet Union, then no.
  5. Guardia Rossa
    Dictatoship of the Bourgeoisie and Dictatorship of the Proletariat...
    Both mean government of and for.

They are both democratic and tyranic: They are democratic in the class they represent (The Bourgoisie/The Workers or Proletariat) and Tyranic against the antagonistic class[es]

This is of course my view of it.