Lazar Kaganovich

1. Paul Pott
    So...I don't know much about Kaganovich. Who was he and what role did he play in Soviet history?
  2. Questionable
    Questionable
    He joined the Bolsheviks in 1911 and was an extremely close political ally to Stalin throughout his time as General-Secretary. Stalin put him in charge of the implementation of many of his policies, such as collectivization and industrialization.

Kaganovich is notable because he remained ardently pro-Stalin throughout his life, which caused him and several other of Stalin's old allies to be dismissed to insignificant positions by Khrushchev, before Kaganovich was completely removed from the Party in 1961.

He is also notable for being the oldest surviving "Old Bolshevik," having died in 1991 shortly before the USSR collapsed completely.

Here are some of his writings: http://revolutionarydemocracy.org/rdv1n2/chuyev.htm
  3. Ismail
    Ismail
    What's interesting is that he was apparently even more pro-Stalin than Molotov. From Molotov Remembers, pp. 229-230:

"Even today Kaganovich is such an ardent supporter of Stalin that no one would dare to say anything derogatory about Stalin in his presence. Among all of us he was a 200 percent Stalinist. He felt I didn't praise Stalin well enough. . . .

This is where his weakness shows, along with his one-sidedness and his inability to think independently. One shouldn't simply parrot another person. Stalin made mistakes, too. I always say that, and I wouldn't retract it. If I were to take back my words, I would cease to be the individual I am."
  4. Brutus
    Brutus
    Kaganovich was the evil Jew who presided over the Ukrainian Holodomor, according to the righties.
  5. Sea
    Sea
    Kaganovich was the evil Jew who presided over the Ukrainian Holodomor, according to the righties.
    A true hero of the proletariat.

Uphold Marxism-Leninism-Kaganovich Thought with Evil Jew Characteristics!