Khrushchev's "Secret Speech"

1. Paul Pott
    I would like some information on the claims the first revisionist leader of the USSR made against Stalin.

Have Marxist-Leninists ever responded point by point?
  2. Questionable
    Questionable
    "Khrushchev Lied" by Grover Furr is the essential text on this.

Ismail has a download link to it I'm pretty sure.
  3. Ismail
    Ismail
    Before 1991 it was pretty much impossible to respond to it point-by-point because Khrushchev made allegations that only someone with access to Soviet archives or someone with direct knowledge of the events mentioned would be able to refute, and obviously those who were willing to defend Stalin were not fondly treated after 1956.

From what I know the only thing in his speech that was definitely debunked pre-1991 was that Stalin planned military operations on a globe during WWII, which Zhukov was able to declare false in his memoirs published during the Brezhnev period, when Stalin's wartime role was partially rehabilitated.

Grover Furr's work does indeed provide a point-by-point refutation of Khrushchev's claims, taking full advantage of post-1991 sources.
  4. Paul Pott
    Where can I get it besides Amazon or something? Preferably as an e-book or PDF file.
  5. Ismail
    Ismail
    You will have to buy it. Pretty sure it's illegal to distribute it online without permission from the publisher or Furr himself.