New Mod

1. Ismail
    Ismail
    In September the Marxist-Leninists of RevLeft will vote for the composition of a People's Council, an organ which will represent them and be held accountable to them, and which will also function as the most basic form of power. Through the Council and any higher organs, the RevLeft MLs will be able to organize themselves both within RevLeft and elsewhere.

The amount of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists in the group is 499 members. Of course many of these are inactive, but if the Electoral Commission wishes to find voters, they should look first and foremost to these hundreds as their source.

Zealot proposes making a new thread, but Brutus has already noted my disagreement. By keeping this in one thread we can continuously chronicle all the activities relating to these things (the People's Council, the elections, meetings of the former, etc.) without producing any clutter and keeping everything in one easily accessible location.

The platform of the Communist Party of RevLeft is as follows:
    * Construct and defend the people's state power of the RevLeft MLs, built by them and answerable to them.
    * Encourage the RevLeft ML group to engage in various projects to elucidate the Marxist-Leninist ideology and historical subjects, and make materials more available to newcomers.
    * Uphold the struggle against the "ponies" and their external supporters, defend the security of RevLeft and always support higher standards for it.
  2. Bright Banana Beard
    Bright Banana Beard
    Comrades, I will offer my services as the first volunteer in the Electoral Commission's efforts. I will carry out the vote and work to activize the base in this direction.
  3. Questionable
    Questionable
    Alright, I'm down for this.
  4. Brutus
    Brutus
    The first election for the new state power is being conducted in an atmosphere of unity and progress. The users mobilised through the Democratic Anti-Pony Front will display their influence and steadily raise it to new and higher levels in the work of consolidating this power.

The members of the Electoral Commission have chosen Roach as its Chairman and Comrade Samuel as its Vice-Chairman. I am confident that both men will dispense with their duties with integrity and honour, taking into account the line of the masses in instructing and directing the work of the volunteers among the users.

This election will be important not just for the Marxist-Leninists of RevLeft, but for all other forces in solidarity with us, who are also opposed to the "ponies" and their external supporters and who are also in the process of constructing their own form of state power. The external supporters of the "ponies" thought that through their intrigant acts they would weaken and demoralise our work, but in fact they have strengthened it by strengthening the vigilance and unity of the RevLeft MLs around their vanguard and the Front.

The present programme of the Front consists in the following tasks:

* To elect to the People's Council from among the ranks of the RevLeft MLs some of the most outstanding representatives of this community, marked by their veteran statuses, honesty, contributions to educational and other undertakings, and so on.
    * To strengthen the RevLeft MLs around the Front and the vanguard by becoming an open tribune of the users in discussing everyday problems and providing oversight on the People's Council and any higher forms of the people's state power.

These two tasks are interrelated, for without constant contacts and connections between the state power and the Front it is difficult to envision the further development of either in an atmosphere free of distortions.
  5. Roach
    Roach
    As elected Chairman of the Electoral Commission, I will carry out my duties, which in the context of the first election are especially important.

I recognize both Bright Banana Beard and Questionable as our first and second volunteers.

Volunteers ought to intelligently realize who is active and who can be approached to show interests in the election and who are willing to vote in it.
  6. Roach
    Roach
    ML Comrades, unfortunately due to the unusual state that my IRL political activites are right now, I will have to renounce my position as Chairman of the Council and ask my deputy, Cmdr Samuel, to take my position. But the struggle goes on!
  7. Brutus
    Brutus
    In light of the fact that Roach has resigned and Comrade Samuel has taken his place as Chairman of the Electoral Commission, and in understanding the fact that there is no likelihood of the following user being contested, I hereby proclaim dodger the Vice-Chairman of the Commission.
  8. Questionable
    Questionable
    In light of the fact that Roach has resigned and Comrade Samuel has taken his place as Chairman of the Electoral Commission, and in understanding the fact that there is no likelihood of the following user being contested, I hereby proclaim dodger the Vice-Chairman of the Commission.
    I actually dispute this claim on the basis that I feel the user Brutus has no legitimacy in this group.

You habitually "thank" posts that are anti-ML in content, and you have recently criticized the Marxist-Leninist position on the historical Left-Right Oppositions, as shown here:

These people were later shot or sent to Siberia in the purges. Lenient, eh?

Oh, wait! But these people were part of the zinovievite-kamenevite-Trotskyite-Bukharinite-fascist-antisoviet-imperialist-counter-revolutionary bloc that planned to kill Stalin and divide the USSR between the imperialist powers! It's not like they fought against imperialism and counter-revolution to defend the state they helped create, or anything of the sort...
    Your signature also contains a quote which accuses Marxism-Leninism of being a religious view rather than a political doctrine.

I'm aware there are a multitude of users in this group that aren't ML in the slightest, and I think it would be a waste of our time to purge them all, but we also shouldn't be allowing them to make decisions that will affect the usergroup.

If you are not anti-ML, then explain your actions. Otherwise, Brutus should have no say in usergroup management.

EDIT: Ismail tells me that Brutus is meant to be a non-ML mediator in the group. I'm still cautious of giving electoral power to a user that has been increasingly anti-ML as of late, but I will submit to the group's authority.
  9. Brutus
    Brutus
    Your signature also contains a quote which accuses Marxism-Leninism of being a religious view rather than a political doctrine.
    Actually, it's to highlight Ismail's love of block quotes (at least he uses sources, though).

The Democratic Anti-Pony Front (of which i am Chairman) encompasses all those forces willing to consistently fight against the influence of the "ponies" and their external backers. The presenting of slates, the information which is provided to the RevLeft MLs, and other activities it carries out are done in consultation with the leading organs and leaderships of the vanguard and the social organisations. The DAPF makes suggestions where it thinks things could be done better, as is the case with all the social organisations and unaffiliated users within its ranks.
  10. Brutus
    Brutus
    In the name of the Electoral Committee, I proclaim the list of eligible voters, who encompass all of the members of the Marxist-Leninist group on RevLeft: http://pastebin.com/dvfaP4ZF
  11. Ismail
    Ismail
    The voting period has now begun. It will end on the 16th. Voters should PM either Questionable or Bright Banana Beard with their votes on the slate presented on the second page of this thread.
  12. Questionable
    Questionable
    BBB hasn't reported how many votes he received from among the RevLeft MLs. The election results will be delayed till then
  13. Brutus
    Brutus
    It has been five days and BBB hasn't been online since the 15th. Because of this I have been instructed to write on behalf of dodger that the volunteer Questionable received five votes, all affirming the slate of candidates presented by the Democratic Anti-Pony Front. The election result is thus concluded.
  14. Ismail
    Ismail
    The lessons of the recent election, the first among RevLeft Marxist-Leninists, is of lasting significance not only among the RevLeft MLs but also among other friendly communities with links to it. The struggle to get out the vote, to verify the correctness of the first electoral system of our state power, to see the social organizations in action and to deepen the understanding of the "ponies" and their external backers and the fight against them through the active participation of the users have all benefited from that which the election results and the conduct of the electoral process itself have provided.

In order to strengthen the struggle in all the fields mentioned above it is necessary to implement such norms as democratic centralism, the line of the masses, the convening of plenums and other important concepts into practical work for the all-round raising of the theoretical level and resolve of the RevLeft MLs.

Of particular importance in the present period is the convening of the First Meeting of the People's Assembly of RevLeft MLs, which will create a higher form of state power appropriate to the objective material conditions of the RevLeft MLs. During this meeting representatives of the Party should particularly take into account the current electoral system and its effectiveness.

In the name of the Provisional Central Committee of the Communist Party of RevLeft the following changes are made with the aim of increasing the efficiency of the work of the two most important social organizations, which is itself an important precondition not only for more consistent work in future elections and the strengthening of our nascent people's state power, but also for actually carrying out work beneficial to raising the standards of the MLs.

* The Democratic Anti-Pony Front, as the foremost social organization which unites the mass of the users and encourages their active participation in the defense of RevLeft and of our state power, must increase its role still further. The first step in doing this is to replace myself as Secretary—of which I was appointed on July 9 without receiving prior notice—in favor of Paul Pott, while replacing Brutus as Chairman in favor of Sea. In this way the work of the Front will be enlivened and its ideological activities made more consistent.
    * The Communist Party Youth League of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists must become a great bastion of theoretical and ideological activity, particularly in the realm of popularizing Marxist-Leninist and other texts of interest. It is the opinion of the Provisional Central Committee that Questionable is best suited for these tasks, hence the replacement of Yet_Anothar_boring_Marxis as Chair of this social organization by him.
  15. Sea
    Sea
    In the past month the first state power election of the RevLeft Marxist-Leninists, the initial steps taken to strengthen the work of the Democratic Anti-Pony Front and the Communist Party Youth League of RevLeft MLs, and the meeting of September 2nd to strengthen the solidarity of the RevLeft MLs with other communities related to ours were all momentous occasions.

The all-round struggle against the "ponies" and their external backers, which has its origins in December 2011, must proceed without fail and a militant anti-"pony," anti-reactionary and anti-degenerative general effort must be made in order to safeguard our people's state power, our userbase and its scientific-materialist stands in every direction from the external enemies, who used the "ponies" but who more recently have "individualized" their work, taking advantage of the relative newness of our endeavors in comparison with elsewhere.

The militant spirit of the work of the social organizations, above all our great Democratic Anti-Pony Front, is secured through the consistent application of the line of the masses and the defense of the state power of the RevLeft MLs through it. The usage of the Front as a great tribune of the userbase, the raising of the ideological and organizational level of the users through its mass-based work from the relatively low level they currently possess, constitute foremost tasks of ours in the coming months.

As of late the employment of the blockade testifies to fewer options within the arsenal of demagoguery possessed by the external enemy. As always we stand in solidarity with all progressive and all democratic-progressive forces, with the Blackhole and the other communities with historical ties to it. The strengthening of such ties is an objective process which will deepen as the level of our work improves and as we have more to show for ourselves.

In the sphere of state power it is important to activate the first meeting of the People's Council, either next month or in December. This meeting should issue a number of fundamental declarations on the present-day situation, should lay the foundations of the higher form of state power, and should check its own ranks to improve its work in future endeavors. __________________
  16. Zealot
    Zealot
    It is truly our most pressing task at the present to convene the first meeting of the People's Council, as the most democratic and mass-based organ of our state power, the most basic and fundamental part which will be laying the foundations of the higher forms of state power.

The first meeting of the People's Council will have as its first task the establishment of its Executive Committee, which will carry out the routine work of the Council in between sessions. Members of the Committee should be the most active elements from among the members of the Council, ones ready to react to new situations and lead the way in the work of the Council. After this the meeting should also take some time to carry out its role as a tribune of the users through their representatives, as a force for checking-up the all-round work of the RevLeft Marxist-Leninists. Once this is done a still more lofty task awaits: the establishment of the higher form of state power, which will represent the community of RevLeft MLs to associated and outside communities.

Convening the first meeting of the People's Council is not to be done simply in order to get to work on the most obvious tasks of our people's state power, but also to review what has already been done thus far, and especially to review the Regulatory Document of the People's Council of Revleft MLs. It is known that this document has some concepts which have been introduced for the first time and which require slight modification, while a few others require significant modification owing to their hostile origins which express interests contrary to the cause of democracy and progress, to the great cause of People's Democracy and the whole struggle against the "ponies" and their external backers.

The work of our nascent people's state power has already borne fruit. The work of this power, the Party, and the mass-based efforts of the Democratic Anti-Pony Front will continue to increase and bear ever greater fruits. All of our efforts have been opposed by the external enemy, who is angered by our vigilance and who seeks to undermine us every step of the way. Elsewhere they have sought out the use of the blockade, here they have used other measures in an attempt to stop our efforts. We stand ready, always alert to the intrigant acts of the external enemy, and always willing to defend that we ourselves have built.
  17. Questionable
    Questionable
    The convening of the first meeting of the People's Council of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists should take place no later than the 26th of December. It is also important to review the Regulatory Document in light of its implementation during the election and in light of other things we are aware of. The importance of activating the youth of our community in this process is exceptionally important, as they should be in the fornt ranks of defending the militant unity of our vanguard and of the state power erected under its leadership.

The agenda of the first meeting, as Zealot has said, should concern itself first and foremost with the formation of the Executive Committee. Afterwards the Regulatory Document should be subjected to a thorough analysis and any flaws located and rectified. The electoral process for the basic organ of our people's state power must be free from bureaucratic and complicated ways of work, yet this is something neither our community nor those in solidarity with us have had to deal with. We stand, then, to make a unique and potentially lasting contribution in this regard.

Strengthening the ranks of our nascent state power also demands, besides the review of the most important document, a review of the electoral process as it was carried out. It is obvious that the list of candidates presented in September contains certain figures who are either inactive or inappropriate, and steps should be taken to rectify this situation. Likewise we should work to strengthen the mass-based basis of the Council by ensuring greater control over it by the base and by their social organizations. It should be an important aspect of our work to not only locate and deal with flaws, but to modify that which produces them as well.

The security of our state power will be enhanced through our work in these directions, through demonstrating our resolve in the all-round struggle for a consistent form of state power. In the present period this struggle has assumed a pronounced anti-"pony" character, but in the future it will be broadened to include other aspects as well, against the blockade and other hostile elements. As always we will work to strengthen the community of RevLeft MLs through the state power constructed by this community, and will always seek to better this community through it and associated forces under the leadership of our Communist Party.
  18. Bright Banana Beard
    Bright Banana Beard
    I look forward to the first meeting of the People's Council, which will address a number of problems with the current Regulatory Document and further the cause of the construction of People's Democracy among the RevLeft Marxist-Leninists.
  19. ВАЛТЕР
    ВАЛТЕР
    I would like to take this opportunity to convene the First Meeting of the People's Council of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists.

At this meeting we will carry out a number of important tasks necessary for the operation of our people's state power. They include electing an Executive Committee, modifying the list of deputies in accordance with the needs of efficiency and in light of other information, enacting significant modifications to the Regulatory Document and the document on the electoral process, and summarizing the present-day situation and our main tasks.

I ask Ismail to deliver the main report.
  20. Ismail
    Ismail
    The establishment of the People's Council of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists is based on two things: the need to organize the RevLeft MLs on one hand, and the need to defend themselves and provide means of communication on the other. The people's state power which they are constructing is oriented towards these two purposes. The realization of the necessity for this state power arose not only due to the heterogeneous nature of the RevLeft MLs, but also due to the existence of the "ponies" and all other reactionary forces and their external backers, with their policies of blockading, infiltration, etc. here and elsewhere. The Democratic Anti-Pony Front is the embodiment of the struggle against these forces and the mainspring of our present-day state power and its democratic character. The Communist Party of RevLeft is the leading force of the Front and of the state power.

The main task of those who wish to add to the prestige of our nascent people's state power is to contribute to the collection and dissemination of Marxist-Leninist knowledge, whether through scanning materials, writing introductory papers, or other means. I believe that this is the main purpose of our group in the context of RevLeft.

The September 2012 election was hampered by the inherently complicated procedures of the Regulatory Document of the People's Council of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists and Document on Electoral Regulations, along with the lack of preparation, planning, and in some cases competence for the election on the part of its organizers. The origins of the former problems stem from the influence of anti-democratic and anti-user forces which has been noted elsewhere, and which originated among the RevLeft MLs owing to their lack of prior experiences with them in this field. Modifications to these portions of the Regulatory Document and Document on Electoral Regulations are thus called for.

A further complication arising from that election has been the fact that some of the deputies elected to the People's Council are unable to fulfill their obligations to the RevLeft MLs and, in accordance with the Regulatory Document, can be removed. In order to conform to that same document, however, it is necessary to first call for the establishment of the Executive Committee of the People's Council, which is in fact the first task of this meeting. Following it will be the establishment of a higher form of our people's state power.

With that being said, I would like to put forward for voting the following deputies for membership in the Executive Committee: Questionable (as Chairman), Bright Banana Beard (as Vice-Chairman), Prairie Fire, Roach and Paul Pott.
  21. Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    Aye
  22. Ismail
    Ismail
    Now that that vote and others have been noted, I put forward the following modified list of deputies to be voted upon, with the consent of the Chairman of the newly-established Executive Committee:
    1. Nevsky (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    2. Lokomotive293 (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    3. Questionable (Communist Party Youth League of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists)
    4. Zutroy (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    5. Paul Pott (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    6. dodger (Marxist-Leninist League of Internet Trade Unionists)
    7. Ismail (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    8. soso17 (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    9. ВАЛТЕР (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    10. GallowsBird (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    11. TheGodlessUtopian (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    12. Prairie Fire (Marxist-Leninist Veterans League)
    13. Red Godfather (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    14. Bright Banana Beard (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    15. Yet_Anothar_boring_Marxis (Communist Party Youth League of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists)
    16. Luisrah (Communist Party of RevLeft)
    17. Roach (Communist Party of RevLeft)
  23. Ismail
    Ismail
    Now that voting for this has passed from votes tabulated elsewhere, we move onto the last stage of the voting, for modifications to the Regulatory Document and Document on Electoral Regulations.
  24. Ismail
    Ismail
    The modifications have been made based on voting. The First Meeting thus concluded.
  25. Sea
    Sea
    The First Meeting of the People's Council of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists concluded in an atmosphere of unanimity and clear-cut resolve to better the standards of the people's state power, to establish the higher organs, and to oppose any incipient tendencies towards routinism and bureaucratism. The Democratic Anti-Pony Front, having analyzed the First Meeting, concurs with the consensus that it proceeded on a correct and all-round basis.

The new year brings new tasks to the fore for the RevLeft MLs to solve. They will solve these tasks through their combined efforts: through the farsighted activities of the vanguard, through the mass-based work of the Front, and through the resolute action of the people's state power. We are also confident that the lessons of our state power constitute important ones for other communities in solidarity with ours, especially that which has broken through the blockade and confronts the external backers with renewed strength.
  26. Questionable
    Questionable
    A number of positive developments have occurred in the past few months. In the field of ideology various new scans have been put up, which will strengthen our knowledge of matters. In the field of our internal affairs, of the affairs of the RevLeft Marxist-Leninists, the First Meeting of the People's Council of RevLeft MLs was concluded with success for the development of a more correct Regulatory Document and Document on Electoral Regulations. In the field of external affairs the two fraternal communities linked with ours in various ways have successfully concluded an election in one case and have consolidated in the face of the external backers of the reactionary and degenerative forces in the case of the other.

The unity of RevLeft MLs is expressed in its vanguard, the Communist Party of RevLeft. This unity is made stronger through the all-round efforts of the Democratic Anti-Pony Front and the social organizations attached to it and to the Party. The further strengthening of thes organizations in all fields can be best accomplished in the present period with the strengthening of their leader, our great Party. Our Provisional Central Committee has demonstrated a basic resolve to continue onto the road of People's Democracy and make ever clearer the victories we have attained thus far. It has also made clear its resolve to strengthen our people's state power against all the forces that threaten it.

On this basis I call for the convocation of the First Congress of our Party on May 1, which will elect a Central Committee and lay down the rules of the Party in a definitive manner. This event will make stronger the activities of the RevLeft MLs, will make more certain the completion of their many tasks, and will thus contribute to the cause of Marxism-Leninism on RevLeft and across the Internets.
  27. BisexualCommunist
    The cadres of the Communist Party of RevLeft will doubtlessly greet the First Congress of the Party with ever greater optimism and resolve to further the interests of the RevLeft Marxist-Leninists in all fields. The work of the Provisional Central Committee has, in the conditions existing for it, been proven as correct in its line and active in its way of working. Its example to the social organizations and to all RevLeft MLs should be raised still higher, encompassing new tasks and responsibilities to the users. It is these and other subjects which the Congress will address in a well-rounded manner. This Congress will follow congresses of the fraternal parties of the two other communities connected with ours, and will certainly draw important lessons from their experiences. Together we constitute a great union through the Federation of Communist Parties. The strengthening of our stance in this direction, as with all directions, will be made possible through the convening of the First Congress.To guard our people's state power is a foremost task for the Party and for all that which is associated with it. In this important work it is necessary to rely ever more firmly on the mass of the users, to give them the means and information necessary to carry out a consistent defense of their community and their state power. Communication is a subject which deserves particular emphasis, one which we must improve continuously until each member of our community is able to benefit from the advice and direction of comrades, no matter what situation arises. In this task the Party has special responsibilities.Our state power came into existence as a way to not just defend our community, but also to facilitate the activity and to direct the work of the RevLeft MLs in a productive manner. The social organizations function not only as tribunes for the users, but as transmission belts for the all-sided development of directives and opinions. The Communist Party Youth League has exceptional tasks, because it is comprised of persons who are the future front-line fighters for the program of the Party and because of the obvious importance of tempering the youth. The First Congress should make a clear analysis of the work of the Youth League, should take steps to vitalize the work of its leadership and broaden its outlook to ensure that the tasks the Party has assigned to it are carried out through to the end.The Party has enjoyed the confidence of the users and has shown willingness to continue to expand its abilities and responsibilities whenever the objective material conditions call for it to do so. It is important that the work of the Party is always oriented towards action, not expended into talking-shops or idle phrase-mongering. To be resolute, to take the initiative, and to carry out the directives of the higher organs on the basis of democratic centralism, constitute essential aspects of the work of any successful party. The First Congress will doubtlessly further these and other objectives involving the work of our Party in all fields, and in this lay its importance.
  28. Prometeo liberado
    Prometeo liberado
    Impressive steps comrades. I offer my full support to both the reorganization and new leadership.
  29. BisexualCommunist
    Much appreciated Comrade.
  30. Ismail
    Ismail
    The First Party Congress has been held.

The Central Committee of the CPRL is comprised of Roach, Prometeo liberado, sosolo, jookyle GallowsBird, Zutroy, Robespierre Richard, Bright Banana Beard, Things Make People Happy, Prairie Fire and ВАЛТЕР.

The Communist Party Youth League of RevLeft Marxist-Leninists is to be headed by Zutroy.