New Mod

1. ВАЛТЕР
    ВАЛТЕР
    I've noticed that GallowsBird is inactive and this group could use a new mod. I nominate Ismail for mod of the ML group since he is a very active member of our community.
  2. Dropdead
    Dropdead
    I vote Ismail
  3. Nevsky
    Nevsky
    My vote goes to Ismail, too
  4. Paul Pott
    Ismail, Ismail, Ismail!

Down with maoist rule!
  5. ind_com
    ind_com
    I vote for dodger, keeping in mind what Ismail did in the MLM group.
  6. DDR
    DDR
    Anyone except for Ismail.
  7. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    It's a hard choice to make, Dodger and Ismail are both very worthy candidates.

I guess I'll vote Ismail because he is more active around here but should he ever quit on us (Hoxha bless his soul) dodger deserves the position more than anybody else.

I'd say Walt or Nevsky aren't bad choices after that in our line of succession.
  8. Prairie Fire
    Prairie Fire
    Ismail.
  9. jookyle
    jookyle
    Ismail. That just makes sense.
  10. Brutus
    Brutus
    Love you as I do dodger, I must vote for Ismail.
  11. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Ismail.
  12. Bright Banana Beard
    Bright Banana Beard
    Ismael please
  13. JoeySteel
    JoeySteel
    Ismail
  14. Questionable
    Questionable
    Ismail. Dodger is a cool guy but I have a difficult time understanding his posts, and he's restricted from the main forum so it's kind of hard for him to represent us the way Ismail does all the time.
  15. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    I thought that was lifted, wasn't it?
  16. Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    I vote Dodger, you need to hang around this group more bro.
  17. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Judas

I'm just kidding. Ismail of course.
  18. Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    Got this message from Dodger

hello old chap...as you know am restricted which means I am blocked from M-L user group. So if you could alert folks to that fact...always enjoy your pithy comments...you fight your corner well. Do your own thinking. Mao v Hoxha debate if one can call it that,,,reduces me to tears. Both made gigantic contributions ...rich in errors. No surprises there. Chou-en -lai confided he awoke sweating --thoughts of how he had pushed Vietnamese to accept the 17th parallel. Negotiations with French. Likewise Hoxha on Trade Unions latterly in his life are no credit to him.50,000 Albanian girls now engaged in sex trade are testimony he must have been doing something right, Anyhow might find a home somewhere...if I do...yer have an open invitation to tear to shreds any of my nonsense.

regards to you and yours and M-L's

dodge
  20. Ismail
    Ismail
    I think the ML modship should go to a Tankie as it has always been more or less, but since Ismail has so much support (which he deserves) I just wish he respects all groups inside of MLism.
    In terms of numbers I think on RevLeft Brezhnevites are the smallest group of "MLs," with pro-Hoxha and Maoist groups being in first and second place respectively.
  21. Roach
    Roach
    In terms of numbers I think on RevLeft Brezhnevites are the smallest group of "MLs," with pro-Hoxha and Maoist groups being in first and second place respectively.
    True, though in the past I think this was quite diferent, looking back at some old threads and the PSL seemed to dominate the american MLs. Nonethless what I am proposing is more of a put the Alawites in power so the Sunnis won't genocide the rest of Syria.

Thus I nominate either Rusty or Sir Comradical.
  22. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    I have returned. My net has been offline for a while (as happens every so often on my crappy sky internet). Though I am changing my net to one that'll probably work next week I think I should step down. I think I have done all I can for this group and there is a family crisis in my real life that needs more attention. It is also good to change mods every so often anyway.

I will hand it over to whoever is voted for. I don't think Ismail should be the mod, as he is quite a hardcore Hoxhaist that does not curry the favour of many Maoists who are an integral part of this group ad I foresee that being a problem in the future. This should not be taken as a personal attack on Ismail, however.
  23. Ismail
    Ismail
    It is obvious that the size of this group necessitates guarantees for various viewpoints. For this reason I propose having not only myself as the elected moderator, but also someone who will be designated to take my spot if I were to be absent, ejected or resign. This person will necessarily hold views different from mine. I also propose replacing the present voting system with one ensuring that all viewpoints are more-or-less equally represented as opposed to the present "tyranny of the majority" that some likely feel right now.

I propose Roach as that designated person.
  24. Roach
    Roach
    I support this.
  25. ind_com
    ind_com
    This is actually a good idea.
  26. Questionable
    Questionable
    I vote Roach is our Maoist Ambassador.
  27. Paul Pott
    Neva, I support Hoxhaist ultra-sectarian rule.
  28. Ismail
    Ismail
    At 9:55 PM EST I have taken control of the ML group.

To begin carrying out the necessary reforms in the group I hereby proclaim the Communist Party of RevLeft, comprised of myself as Provisional General Secretary and a Provisional Central Committee comprised of Roach, ind_com, Questionable, GallowsBird, Bright Banana Beard, Prairie Fire and ВАЛТЕР. The first task at hand is for us to implement an organ which will coordinate the activities of MLs on and off RevLeft as well as organize elections and take decisions on any modifications to the group. In due time we can also organize activities to allow this group to improve the education of its members.
  29. Questionable
    Questionable
    I think we should make an effort to pay attention to newcomers to Revleft and give them the Marxist-Leninist perspective on issues. I'm not saying we have to do point-by-point aguments over whether Stalin or Trotsky was Lenin's best pal, but if a newcomer asks an honest question about Stalin, we should be there to answer them, because as of right now those threads are just stomping grounds for Trots and Leftcoms.
  30. Ismail
    Ismail
    I think what should be done is a series of articles compiled by ML group members on various subjects. That would be a lasting contribution.
123 ...