Marxist-Leninists check in.

1. IrishWorker
    IrishWorker
    I've noticed a massive drain of M-Ls of Revleft since I have been back posting. Be nice for us to check in on this thread just so we know who we can count on for back up.

And even use this thread to highlight topics on which M-Ls should be participating in.
  2. Questionable
    Questionable
    There has been a massive drain. A lot of Leninists (Not just MLs) got tired of the way things were here and went for greener pastures. Some groups like the Maoists only post inside their user groups where they won't be trolled.
  3. IrishWorker
    IrishWorker
    Thats unfortunate comrade hopefully its just a phase and it will pass. As I remember some fantastic discussions and epic flame wars on Revleft, not that I condone the flame wars lol

But if you see a topic we should be participating in flag it here.
  4. Ismail
    Ismail
    I generally only post in threads where Albania and/or Hoxha is mentioned.
  5. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    I only post when I feel like it.
  6. soso17
    soso17
    I tend to read a lot more than I post, unfortunately. I "thank" MLs as much as possible, but yes, we do seem underrepresented, considering our tendency is THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS ANY EXPERIENCE OF SUCCESS! I will admit that sometimes I want to just go totally "Stalinist" on everybody and defend even his mistakes, just to make them all crazy.

Not that the Great Helmsman made mistakes.
  7. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    Still active

I generally like discussing current events with members of other tendencies.
  8. soso17
    soso17
    It is interesting to see left coms, trots, mtws try to explain whatever version of current events fits their ideology. However, when it comes to theory, history, etc., there is a specifically ML message board that I tend to go to. Also, I have a soft spot for soviet empire dot com LOL. Nowhere near as busy as here, but it's over the top tankie and amuses me.

--soso
  9. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    I tend to post when A) my net is working well enough, B) I feel I could contribute something to the discussion, and C) the discussion is worth contributing to.
  10. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    I tend to read a lot more than I post, unfortunately. I "thank" MLs as much as possible, but yes, we do seem underrepresented, considering our tendency is THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS ANY EXPERIENCE OF SUCCESS!
    If we look at it like in that way, it has just as much experience of failure.
    I really dislike your argument. I think it is idealistic to say that it was the idea, Marxism-Leninism, that led to these successes instead of the material conditions. Just like it isn't that Marxism-Leninism failed in countries because of Marxism-Leninism but because of specific material-conditions.

I will admit that sometimes I want to just go totally "Stalinist" on everybody and defend even his mistakes, just to make them all crazy.

Not that the Great Helmsman made mistakes.
    This is just a sign of extreme intellectual poverty. For starters, going "stalinist" on everybody to make them all crazy. This is already implying that Marxists-Leninists are unable to reason with, and you want to take it to the extreme to make people crazy. Therefore, you admit that the usual stereotypes (tankies, dogmatic, unable to reason with etc. etc.) about MLs is true.

How can we even claim to be un-dogmatic and serious if we do not attack anyone's mistakes, wether that is Stalin's mistakes or those of any other leftist.
    We must try to see how it come that mistakes were made, like the paranoia in the late 30s as a result of isolation, and attack the mistakes.

If we do not act mature, if we act like extreme dogmatists, we will never be taken serious by anyone.
  11. MDC5000
    Hello comrades!I'm new to the forum and to this group.
    Regarding with what Negative Creep said I agree entirely.We cannot be ultra-dogmatic because that will stifle any positive progress.We need to incorporate the principles and ideas that stand the trial of logic.

From what I've seen dogmatic marxists don't accept other points of view than that of Marx.And that is just ludicrous,they believe that Marx was the all knowking god that could never had made a mistake,therefore everything that Marx says is correct and valid even though ages have past since Marx.Things change and the theory needs to be corrected,improved.

That's my take on it and I am glad to be in this group and I hope I can get to know at least some of you better!
  12. soso17
    soso17
    I really dislike your argument. I think it is idealistic to say that it was the idea, Marxism-Leninism, that led to these successes instead of the material conditions. Just like it isn't that Marxism-Leninism failed in countries because of Marxism-Leninism but because of specific material-conditions.

This is just a sign of extreme intellectual poverty. For starters, going "stalinist" on everybody to make them all crazy. This is already implying that Marxists-Leninists are unable to reason with, and you want to take it to the extreme to make people crazy. Therefore, you admit that the usual stereotypes (tankies, dogmatic, unable to reason with etc. etc.) about MLs is true.

How can we even claim to be un-dogmatic and serious if we do not attack anyone's mistakes, wether that is Stalin's mistakes or those of any other leftist.
    We must try to see how it come that mistakes were made, like the paranoia in the late 30s as a result of isolation, and attack the mistakes.

If we do not act mature, if we act like extreme dogmatists, we will never be taken serious by anyone.
    And if we act mature all the time, no one will want to be around us.

Sorry for trying to have fun. It won't happen in the future.
  13. Questionable
    Questionable
    I think this approach leaves something to be desired as well. It's not as if material conditions are unstoppable forces, like we could have been using Trotskyism and things would ahve been totally identical. There is a subjective element present as well. Men make history, but not as they please.
  14. Khalid
    Khalid
    Mostly lurking, but still here.
  15. Rusty Shackleford
    Rusty Shackleford
    I recently came back after being absent for quite some time.

This place is absolutely dominated by left-comms (in a non specific sort of description) and every step is basically criticized and so it comes off as a toxic environment some times.

Im just glad this is not soviet empire. In fact, this is the only left forum i can tolerate. ML only ones are dry without lively discussion, but like i said, its hard to even get interested in writing ML points here. Or to tey to contribute much more than reaction to current events.

Plus, ive been very busy
  16. Jack
    Ostrinski is a mod now, all is lost.

Seriously though I've never seen M-L's be able to post and not instantly get flamed by whatever flavor of the month ultraleftist hops on it first. This site is shit and it's not going anywhere constructive fast, you can see such practice carried out by the mod Ostrinsky here: http://www.revleft.com/vb/persecutio...541/index.html where M-L's are able to be called 13 year old tankies and when the criticism is returned to ultraleftists, the M-L's are warned.

I used to be a god among ultraleft shitposters, so I guess the site has always been like this, I'm just noticing it now.
  17. l'Enfermé
    I am a Marxist and a Leninist. Checking in.
  18. bad ideas actualised by alcohol

Seriously though I've never seen M-L's be able to post and not instantly get flamed by whatever flavor of the month ultraleftist hops on it first. This site is shit and it's not going anywhere constructive fast, you can see such practice carried out by the mod Ostrinsky here: http://www.revleft.com/vb/persecutio...541/index.html where M-L's are able to be called 13 year old tankies and when the criticism is returned to ultraleftists, the M-L's are warned.

I used to be a god among ultraleft shitposters, so I guess the site has always been like this, I'm just noticing it now.
    All is lost? Geez, wasn't aware Ostrinski was the devil who's only job is the total destruction of anyone in this group.
    Don't be so paranoid.
  19. Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist
    Yet_Another_Boring_Marxist

Yea I saw that, dear god he is a shitty mod. Not even because of that thread but he also tried to take down the black panther thread because it wasn't "relevant" enough. Bullshit, he's just disappointed that the only important communist party in the modern US wasn't lead by one of his ultra leftist deviation idols. What a tosser
  20. Jack
    All is lost? Geez, wasn't aware Ostrinski was the devil who's only job is the total destruction of anyone in this group.
    Don't be so paranoid.
    It was a joke, I was exaggerating the situation. That's why I followed up the next line with "Seriously though".
  21. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    It was a joke, I was exaggerating the situation. That's why I followed up the next line with "Seriously though".
    Second time that happened in this thread.
    Either I don't have any sense of humor.
    Or you all quickly act like your posts are jokes because you're afraid of my judgement since I'm an authority on everything here.

The first option is more likely, but my ego prefers the second one.
  22. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    I'm here. I haven't left because of depression or anything. I'm just so busy in my real life lately. I try to stop by and lurk when I can. Sometimes conversations are quite lengthy in their posts, and I like to read everything before I make any comments on it, and so I take my time with some posts.
  23. soso17
    soso17
    Second time that happened in this thread.
    Either I don't have any sense of humor.
    Or you all quickly act like your posts are jokes because you're afraid of my judgement since I'm an authority on everything here.

The first option is more likely, but my ego prefers the second one.
    It's okay to call each other out on BS, but you do come off a little condescending sometimes...

I mean, when you correct me, I half expect the NKVD to knock on my door at 3 am...

(FYI, that was a joke )