California Comrades

1. Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    Workers-Control-Over-Prod
    By Me:

So I just moved here to California and live near a cabbage field. I went on a walk yesterday with the dog to explore the area and met some nice farm workers who live in really bad conditions and are obviously working for some corporate landowners. I spent all day trying to find materiel on the regional cultivation of cabbage, vegetable market shares, land ownership and prices; did not find too much helpful stuff about the subject however.

Now, I plan to organize these people but have not even found any leftist organization of my own. Going alone is not advisable to organize people in my experience; a collective/organizational, mobilizing appearance has to be given, and for this and my studies I need at least one compeer. If someone knows any communists here I would appreciate it if you could contact me by PM, I send you my address for you to give to comrades in the area.

I plan to study the land ownership relation here, the cabbage crop cultivation, average wages, and district areas to concentrate on. If anyone has a leftist contact in the Monterrey Bay area, please PM me.
  2. Rusty Shackleford
    Rusty Shackleford
    i would advise against giving out your address for other people to give out, rather, to get in contact with somene and meet with them personally at a cafe or something.

as for farm labor looking at a history of the UFW's struggle may be a big and good first step in approaching the issue. north of me is Yuba City which has many orchards and a long history of labor struggle.