Recent debate which included Grover Furr

1. jookyle
    jookyle
    I go to MSU where Grover Furr teaches and a few weeks ago a libertarian group on campus (Young Americans for Liberty) organized a debate between Grover Furr (ML) a libertarian and a conservative who more or less took the role of the "moderate" in the debate. I found out the debate in it's entirety was uploaded to youtube and thought I'd share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXl0L...1&feature=plcp
  2. Questionable
    Questionable
    Is the person introducing everyone at the beginning with the long hair Gregory Lucero from the Utah Revolutionary Students Union? It sure looks like him.
  3. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    That Russian guy knows jack shit,
  4. jookyle
    jookyle
    Is the person introducing everyone at the beginning with the long hair Gregory Lucero from the Utah Revolutionary Students Union? It sure looks like him.
    No, I can't remember his name but he was an older gentleman who apparently used to work for Fox News.
  5. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    I think the amount of irony of a guy from Fox News being from a Revolutionary Students Union, would make this world explode.

I think Furr did not too bad at this debate.
    I have had frequent contact with him the past few months, nice guy.
    If you ever speak to Grover, say hello to him from me
  6. Zealot
    Zealot
    I watched the whole thing and needless to say Dr. Furr held out against his opponents fairly well. It really boggles the mind that people booed him (or rather, half clapped and half booed) when he advocated free universal healthcare in the United States. America really is one of the most, if not the most, reactionary places on earth. And then of course that ex-Soviet Russian Libertopian-Capitalist "economist" implicitly hinted that universal healthcare = slavery. Seriously, what?...

Anyway, my favourite part of that debate by far was when Dr. Furr openly defended Stalin. He got a few boos and some claps for that and the libertopians are trying to make the video go viral:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdajUraK0LM

I'm unsure of whether or not that is a good thing or a bad thing for both Dr. Furr and those who defend Stalin in general. In fact, judging by the comments made by some of the ringleaders of the libertopian group who organised the event, I suspect them of trying to ruin Dr. Furr's career both with this video and "formal complaints".
  7. jookyle
    jookyle
    I was actually kinda worried, I was clapping for him quite often but, I happened to be sitting in the middle of a section of libertarian frat boys who kept looking at me with blood in their eyes. I was actually concerned I was going to get jumped on the way to my car
  8. Questionable
    Questionable
    I was actually kinda worried, I was clapping for him quite often but, I happened to be sitting in the middle of a section of libertarian frat boys who kept looking at me with blood in their eyes. I was actually concerned I was going to get jumped on the way to my car
    It's all fun and games until the invisible hand of the free market comes down on your face.