Lazar Kaganovich

1. Robespierres Neck
    Robespierres Neck
    I've been doing some research on Kaganovich lately. From the impression I have so far, it seems like he was a very staunch Marxist-Leninist. I was wondering if I can get a ML perspective on this man, along with any information and history that can be given. It would be much appreciated.
  2. Ismail
    Ismail
    He was definitely a communist and "Stalinist" in the literal sense; he even lightly criticized Molotov a few times in the 70's and 80's for not being pro-Stalin enough. His recollections (given by Felix Chuev, same guy who wrote Molotov Remembers) are only around in Russian though, as are his diaries.
  3. Questionable
    Questionable
    I've never heard of him until now but judging by his picture he definitely had a Stalinist mustache.
  4. Ismail
    Ismail
    I've never heard of him until now but judging by his picture he definitely had a Stalinist mustache.
    Any book dealing with the 1930's-50's USSR is quite likely to mention Kaganovich, he was one of Stalin's trusted ministers like Molotov, Kirov, Zhdanov, etc. He was also part of the "Anti-Party Group" denounced and expelled by Khrushchev.
  5. jookyle
    jookyle
    I'd like to know what people think about his connection to the Ukraine famine. Most of what I've read about it is about Stalin and the famine but not so much about Kaganovich, who I understand gets a lot of blame put on him for it.