on PPW in advanced capitalist nations

1. The Douche
    The Douche
    I see that many of you believe in the application of PPW unilaterally. How would PPW potentially be conducted in advanced nations? Rural areas often tend to contain some of the most reactionary elements of society in the US and Canada, while the cities hold some of the most advanced sections of the class. Would the suggestion be a sort of PPW in reverse, where the peoples army spreads from the cities outward?
  2. xvzc
    xvzc
    People's War in the imperialist countries would be primarily conducted in the urban areas, with the rural areas possibly complementing that of urban work. I believe that this is a mechanical understanding of the People's War which muddles the particularities of People's War in semi-feudal, semi-colonial countries (such as organizing the peasantry and slowly surrounding the cities) with its universal principles such as the necessity of revolutionary violence, participation of the masses, establishing new power in place of the old, rejection of insurrectionism, etc.

I've read some discussions between some western Maoist parties who discussed Northern Ireland in particular as an example of how to conduct armed struggle and establish base areas in imperialist countries. There was also talk of all the focoist attempts in western Europe, summing up both its negative and positive lessons.

P.S. While we're here, could you maybe approve the posts I've written on the main board? I am also unable to post visitor messages, and PMs don't appear in my sent box. So maybe you could just approve me as a user in general or something?
  3. The Douche
    The Douche
    Has the RCP (canada) written about PPW in the first world? They uphold that, right?

I'm on my phone so I can't effectively do mod/admin stuff, either somebody will get to it or I'll take care of it after work.
  4. xvzc
    xvzc
    You might be interested in it's magazine People's War Digest, which is in devoted to promoting People's War as well as preparatory efforts towards it such as red fists (Red Fists: Communist organization in street demos) and electoral boycotts (Don’t vote! Let’s prepare for the revolution !). Three issues were published in English, the last one in 2006 -- I'm unsure whether it's still published in French.

Here are three links I found on the website, two from PWD:

The path of revolution in Canada: Protracted People’s War

More on the question of waging revolutionary war in the imperialist countries

Protracted people’s war is the only way to make revolution