Bordigists and Maoists

1. newdayrising
    newdayrising
    I was searching for something and ended up on this thread
    http://www.revleft.com/vb/left-commu...html?p=2433456 ,
    where I found this guy saying the following
    That's true... maybe I should have write some Bordigists. My point was that Bordigism has some retarted positions which defere from Left Communism. Some Bordigists support national liberation, some don't, some work with Maoists, some don't, some are for "red unions", some are not... etc.
    Does anyone here know more about this "working with Maoists" thing and what it's all about? Which Bordigists have "worked with Maoists" and what was their reasoning? I could have asked the guy, but he seems to have been banned and I didn't want to revive an old thread.

So, please, anyone, enlighten me.
  2. The Douche
    The Douche
    I was searching for something and ended up on this thread
    http://www.revleft.com/vb/left-commu...html?p=2433456 ,
    where I found this guy saying the following

Does anyone here know more about this "working with Maoists" thing and what it's all about? Which Bordigists have "worked with Maoists" and what was their reasoning? I could have asked the guy, but he seems to have been banned and I didn't want to revive an old thread.

So, please, anyone, enlighten me.
    I would guess (and that's all it is) that it would be back in the 60s or 70s in France or Italy, because there were some maoist groups coming out around then that were less orthodox. But, like I said, that's a guess, you could PM devrim.
  3. newdayrising
    newdayrising
    I would guess (and that's all it is) that it would be back in the 60s or 70s in France or Italy, because there were some maoist groups coming out around then that were less orthodox. But, like I said, that's a guess, you could PM devrim.
    Well, unorthodox Maoists would never surprise me. Unorthodox Bordigists however, are a different story.
    If nobody answers it here I'll PM him.
  4. Alf
    Alf
    One of the criticisms of the Bordigists made by the ICC's French section, Revolution Internationale, during the Sonacotra housing struggles in France in the late 70s was that they acted alongside the Maoists as 'service d'ordre' (stewards) in the demonstrations of the (mainly immigrant) resident workers of Sonacotra, and were, like the Maoists, very zealous in preventing the sale of revolutionary literature. This was also the period when a lot of recently defrocked Maoists joined the PCI, especially their Algerian section el Oumani, which went over to openly nationalist positions on the Middle East conflict. This resulted in a major split in the PCI at the beginning of the 80s. I don't know whether any of this is what you were referring to.
  5. newdayrising
    newdayrising
    Thanks Alf, that's probably what that quote was about.
    But, as far as you (or anyone?) know there was never any actual position of any group that was sympathetic towards maoists, right?
  6. Alf
    Alf
    I doubt very much whether the Bordigists would have said anything favourable about the maoist organisations in their published statements (or about any other political organisations, in fact....). But one of the worst things they came up with, if my memory is accurate, was that Pol Pot represented the revolutionary terror of the bourgeoisie, and in general, up until the 80s or so, they tended to identify national liberation movements with some kind of late bourgeois revolution. This was the theoretical Achilles Heel which exposed them to infiltration by the left of capital.