Pacifist in Cetain Situations

1. leftistman
    I am not an advocate of complete violence or complete pacifism. I believe that both are applicable in certain situations. I would equate myself closer to pacifism, though. I think that it would summarize my position best to say that I support violence out of self-defense or a last resort.

Do any of you believe that violence is ever justified?
  2. SuchianFrog735
    SuchianFrog735
    I say that violence would probably be needed or used in certain situations but I don't know if that makes it ethically right(if that makes any sense). For example, if you were being attacked you could run away, but if you were cornered it'd make sense for you to use violence(gun, knife etc.). However, killing would probably make it a different story.
  3. SuchianFrog735
    SuchianFrog735
    Though I would consider myself a pacifist, I know that as an ideology it does have some limits and biases. So I wouldn't be opposed to ALL violence, but I definitely wouldn't take it lightly
  4. TheDoctor1996
    TheDoctor1996
    Although I call myself a pacifist I understand using it in self defence but I feel that is it better to stop the causes of violence and to try diplomacy first rather than outright use violence first.