Copyright

1. Regicollis
    Regicollis
    This is just a short notice to our writers. Remember to clear the copyrights to the images you use with the copyright holder. Also remember to provide copyright information for the images you use in your articles. For instance write something like "Photo: John Doe, Creative Commons cc-nc-sa" in the bottom of the article or below the image.

It is important to remember this. We wouldn't want to have any nastiness because of copyright.

If you are in doubt on the copyright status of an image - or copyright law in general - you can ask me; I got a rather good grade in my copyright class at law school .
  2. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    Excellent post Regicollis. I believe they must issue a cease and desist type order before any real significant legal issue can be raised.
  3. nihilust
    nihilust
    how can i go about copyrighting my writing that i submit, preferably for free? just put my name and copyright at the end?
  4. Regicollis
    Regicollis
    Your writing is automatically copyrighted the moment you write it. A copyright notice isn't really necessary but it can help people to get in touch with you if they want to get permission to use your writing. It can also remind people of the copyright status of the work.
  5. nihilust
    nihilust
    well right on then! haha thanks for your help
  6. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    There are also limits on the number of words you can use from an article that belongs to someone else. It prevents people from reproducing it in full or nearly in full. Maybe Regicollis has the specifics. This applies when you use another article to start your post or articles.