First Extreme Metal Band You Got Into

1. leftistman
    I'd been listening to metal for a long time before I got into Slayer, which introduced me to extreme metal. Unfortunately, I was into horrible glam metal.
  2. Proukunin
    Proukunin
    Nile for sure.. I heard Unas Slayer of the Gods on music choice when I was like 11 or 12 and i've loved them ever since
  3. enlightened_ape2112
    enlightened_ape2112
    The first time I ever heard any extreme metal was in 2004 I was 13 and got into Fear Factory. I got into their more nu-metalish albums (Obsolete and Digimortal) and was checking out the old stuff and found Soul of a New Machine. It was the first time I ever heard growled vocals and I was a bit put off at first but slowly got into them. Slayer was another early one they were the first band I ever heard do anti-christian lyrics. After finding Slayer I got into all kinds of thrash, death, and black metal. Unas Slayer of Gods was the first Nile song I ever heard and got me into them. One of my favorite death metal bands next to Death.
  4. Proukunin
    Proukunin
    I love Fear Factory. Have you ever checked out Brujeria? They have/had members from Fear Factory.

They're more death metal/grind and they are communist.