Voting Results

1. Positivist
    Positivist
    Voting closed as of 6:30 eastern time Usa this morning. Thanks to everyone for participating. There was a tie between several names for the group name so it looks like there is going to have to be some sort of tie breaker vote, or total revote.

Periodical Name
    International Freedom Report: 8
    Free Society: 6
    United Left Alliance: 1
    Global Progress Report: 1

Group Name
    International Committee for Freedom and Solidarity: 3
    International Coalition for a Free Society: 2
    International Freelance Writers Collective: 3
    United Left Alliance: 3

Style
    Newspaper: pretty much everyone.
    E-zine
  2. Comrades Unite!
    Comrades Unite!
    If anybody is here 24 hours after the voting commenced then put together what was voted for the most and display it here, I more than likely will be asleep and Positivist stated that he is busy, So if you're free then put it here in this thread
  3. Positivist
    Positivist
    If anybody is here 24 hours after the voting commenced then put together what was voted for the most and display it here, I more than likely will be asleep and Positivist stated that he is busy, So if you're free then put it here in this thread
    Good idea, thanks.
  4. JPSartre12
    JPSartre12
    Should we have a re-vote for the group name, but only be able to vote amongst the ones that are tied? Or a re-vote amongst all the options?
  5. Regicollis
    Regicollis
    We could also have a second row of elections between the options who received the most votes. - Like they do in the French presidential elections
  6. Positivist
    Positivist
    Yea idle what we should do I was thinking a total revolted for the names but it doesn't really matter. I don't know about revoting for everything though just to avoid the hassle but hey whatever everybody else wants is fine.
  7. JPSartre12
    JPSartre12
    We could also have a second row of elections between the options who received the most votes. - Like they do in the French presidential elections
    I like that. It's very democratic, I think.
  8. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    I think we should just do as JPSartre and Regicollis hasve suggested. We will have a second round for the group name. Is this proposal satisfactory to resolve the three way tie?
  9. Positivist
    Positivist
    I think we should just do as JPSartre and Regicollis hasve suggested. We will have a second round for the group name. Is this proposal satisfactory to resolve the three way tie?
    Do you mean a vote between all of the tied choices, or between every option?
  10. The_Red_Spark
    The_Red_Spark
    Just the tied choices. I also noticed two votes that may have been posted after polling. Can you check and see if they were placed after the vote or if they were already tallied. We have to eliminate the gridlock in democratic fashion. On a another note... Excellent work everyone!!!! We had a excellent voter turnout.
  11. Positivist
    Positivist
    Maybe we could just have a total revote with new ideas included and everything.
  12. jookyle
    jookyle
    I don't see why our group name is different from our periodical name.
  13. Positivist
    Positivist
    I don't see why our group name is different from our periodical name.
    The group may participate in more projects than the periodical.
  14. Positivist
    Positivist
    I think we should have a total revote for the group name in case anybody has any new good ideas, or still are interested in other group names.
  15. JPSartre12
    JPSartre12
    I think we should have a total revote for the group name in case anybody has any new good ideas, or still are interested in other group names.
    I'm fine with that, but there's the possibility that everyone's going to vote the same way that they did before and we'll end up in the same place
  16. Positivist
    Positivist
    I posted a new discussion thread which only included the options which received votes, but which is open to new suggestions as well.