The Rev-Left Study Guide Project

1. TheGodlessUtopian
    TheGodlessUtopian
    For those of you who do not know I am starting a Rev-Left study guide project for Marxist texts.The guides are simple works where you ask readers questions then provide them with answers (for example see the links).

If anyone wishes to help out with Trotsky's contributions than please shoot me a PM. Thanks.
  2. Aussie Trotskyist
    Aussie Trotskyist
    Well, I could help discuss some parts of 'The Revolution Betrayed'. Hpwever, i'd be more inclined to take part in the lessons.
  3. Q
    Q
    Maybe a guide could be created of The struggle for a proletarian party by James P. Cannon. Many of the methods of the contemporary Trotskyist groups (papersales, method of organisation, way of handling internal disagreements, etc, etc) can be traced in its origins to this work. Before it, many of said methods seems to be "missing" or simply non-existent. So, James P. Cannon's work can be said a defining the Trotskyist strand of communism for at least a part.
  4. TheGodlessUtopian
    TheGodlessUtopian
    Maybe a guide could be created of The struggle for a proletarian party by James P. Cannon. Many of the methods of the contemporary Trotskyist groups (papersales, method of organisation, way of handling internal disagreements, etc, etc) can be traced in its origins to this work. Before it, many of said methods seems to be "missing" or simply non-existent. So, James P. Cannon's work can be said a defining the Trotskyist strand of communism for at least a part.
    That sounds great. Would you be willing to do that piece? Soon I will be starting on a guide for What is to be Done by Lenin and then will be distracted by activism events so I won't get around to it for a while. Regardless if you cannot do it than I will do it as soon as my plate clears a bit.
  5. Q
    Q
    That sounds great. Would you be willing to do that piece? Soon I will be starting on a guide for What is to be Done by Lenin and then will be distracted by activism events so I won't get around to it for a while. Regardless if you cannot do it than I will do it as soon as my plate clears a bit.
    I currently have other bits on my reading list that I want to finish first. But I don't mind. So, it'll probably happen after the CU.
  6. TheGodlessUtopian
    TheGodlessUtopian
    Sounds awesome, I will look forward to your activity.