Workers Fund Iran

1. Q
    Q
    With Miles' leave and my inheritance of this group, I thought I'd revive it

The Workers Fund Iran was set up in December 2005. It aims to reduce and relieve poverty amongst Iranian workers (both employed and unemployed) who are victims both of the economic policies of the Iranian government and the sanctions imposed by Western governments. It aims to put at the centre of its activities the need to rebuild international working class solidarity, directly with the workers of Iran.

By the looks of it, the campaign is primarily carried by member of the CPGB and HOPI.

Recent activities:
    - Vienna marathon (2012)
    - Berlin marathon (2011)
    - Manchester walk (2011)
  2. The Jay
    The Jay
    I am a bit hesitant about helping Iran. I would need a solid guarantee that the money would go towards regular people as opposed to being distributed through a religious organization.
  3. Q
    Q
    I am a bit hesitant about helping Iran. I would need a solid guarantee that the money would go towards regular people as opposed to being distributed through a religious organization.
    Do contact the HOPI people. I know many of the people involved in that campaign (I recently went to the Communist University where I met them) and I personally vouch for them, they are awesome people.
  4. The Jay
    The Jay
    I'll check it out.