Theorizing our own inability to do anything?

1. Clifford C Clavin
    I have read and reread the N.C. texts, and I must say I can't really disagree with anything they say. On the one hand it seems very enlightening, but on the other, I have to wonder the practical result.

If we have absolutely no input on the direction of society, if revolution is not a question for us to answer as individuals (and that does seem to be the case), then why even bother with anything? Surely there are more fun activities than being a left-winger. Why study Marxism? Why hand out leaflets? Why organize? Why would M.D. even write N.C.? Why post on Revleft?
  2. Os Cangaceiros
    Os Cangaceiros
    MD sees some value in the "pro-revolutionaries", it's just that the value in the PR position is only really relevant at a particular time (that time being when recuperation threatens to take hold)
  3. vizzek
    vizzek
    these texts have helped me a lot in helping me see the futility of the current "left." i think NC's strongest points focus on the left's failure to make any serious contribution to class struggle over the last century. mental recovery for the burnt out activist.