Has the fake-left undermined any pro-worker revolution?

1. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    You hear it from the anti-union anarchist to the utopain "no money" world of the revisionist on this site. But the more I have to talk to them, the more I think that they are undermining any work done to help the every day worker. what do you guy think?
  2. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    Absolutely yes. Ultra-leftists are those who alienate themselves from the proletariat in their lines of thinking, whether they be anarchists and outright anti-Marxist-Leninist or whether they be the more subtle revisionists who claim to still be at least Marxists, yet totally undermine the dictatorship of the proletariat.
  3. jookyle
    jookyle
    I have to agree. This whole mentality of "let them come to us" is completely unproductive and since it seems to be catching on more and more, harmful to the movement.
  4. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    Agreed with all that is said. They seem to have a mindset that is the complete antithesis of that of the worker and the true proletarian movement.
  5. Ismail
    Ismail
    It's worth noting, though, that ultra-leftism becomes a danger when it actually has an influence in the workers' movement. As it stands left-communism, anarchism, and other ultra-left trends have very little influence, in good part because leftist sentiments themselves have little influence.
  6. Comrade_Stalin
    Comrade_Stalin
    It's worth noting, though, that ultra-leftism becomes a danger when it actually has an influence in the workers' movement. As it stands left-communism, anarchism, and other ultra-left trends have very little influence, in good part because leftist sentiments themselves have little influence.
    I wish that was true, but I know for a fact that the occupy Wall Street movement was started and is still controlled by the anarchist. I know this, because comments by the occupy Wall Street movement labeled unions as "bureaucratic" yes-men, even though these unions marched in support of the occupy Wall Street movement after a brutal police crackdown.

You are right though it seems now more than ever we seem to have less and less influence especially on the site. It will be good debate, on the influence of Marxism-Leninism on today's world.
  7. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    I wish that was true, but I know for a fact that the occupy Wall Street movement was started and is still controlled by the anarchist. I know this, because comments by the occupy Wall Street movement labeled unions as "bureaucratic" yes-men, even though these unions marched in support of the occupy Wall Street movement after a brutal police crackdown.

You are right though it seems now more than ever we seem to have less and less influence especially on the site. It will be good debate, on the influence of Marxism-Leninism on today's world.
    I've found that Occupy turned largely into a venue for petty bourgeois "civil discourse." civil discourse

Yes, leftists of all sorts appeared in and took part in organizing it. I saw it as an opportunity to try to recruit and get people to talk about and understand communism and revolution better. It wasn't a revolution in the making to me. My lack of involvement makes me sound like a hypocrite, though. lol