Message from GallowsBird

1. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Here is a message from this groups maintainer, why he hasn't been on:

I have a suspicion I have been secretly banned on RevLeft so if anyone wonders why I haven't been on despite being the maintainer of the M-L group that is the reason. And I am very annoyed.

As happens every so often I had the change my password (as it is out of date again after 150 days) but this time I couldn't remember my password (I was going through a bad time when I last changed it and had a lot on my mind which stopped me memorizing it properly... I had it so it auto signed me in... well anyway) and since I didn't remember I went through the business of trying to get the email so I could recover or reset the password (I forget which system they use over there) and it didn't come (this is RevLeft of course so it never works as it should) so I have sent a few emails; lo and behold it has been almost a week and no emails or anything from them. Starting to think they don't want me there anymore... I'd rather have been banned at least!

Just writing this so everyone knows why I am not around over there, it isn't because I have forgotten the group; decided that I don't want to be a member over there because we now have a forum as both this forum and the group are valuable to the Marxist-Leninist movement online (as a place to meet other M-Ls and here from their parts of the world); nor is it due to my bad internet that is limiting my time online; it is purely because I cannot log on.

Could anyone who is still a member (AKA they haven't been banned) set the record straight over at the group? In case anyone is worried why nothing seems to be getting done over there. I know there are new members to be approved and on a personal thing I had a friend request and some PM; which is frustrating me.

Thanks all!
    Remember kids, Don't shoot the messenger!
  2. El Chuncho
    El Chuncho
    Yeah, I contacted an admin about that already and got no response (not sure if the admin I contacted is around yet, so I might try others).
  3. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    Well that sucks...I doubt it's because they want him gone though, if they did they would just outright ban him over something stupid and insignificant.

This is probably just a technical issue and I'm
    certan somebody will be able to sort this out.
  4. Prometeo liberado
    Prometeo liberado
    I also would not be surprised if those of us who take up this issue would not find ourselves on some sort of list here.
  5. Lee Van Cleef
    Lee Van Cleef
    This sounds like an incredibly simple technical problem. Either on his end with the email, or a problem with Revleft's password reset system. It may even be possible that Revleft is sending the queries to another email.

It's silly to get paranoid over this. While I do recommend some of us try to get the issue sorted out with the admins, it's not productive to act like persecuted victims or come at them with hostility. I hope this gets sorted out soon.
  6. Prometeo liberado
    Prometeo liberado
    I do agree with Lee Van Cleef about not going at th e admins with hostility yet with little to no evidence as the norm for banning users I don't see any reaction other than paranoia being warranted here. Just don't act on that paranoia.
  7. Questionable
    Questionable
    That's a serious bummer if the admins did actually engineer this, but I'm going to go with the explanation that it's a technical error until it becomes obvious otherwise.

That said, this is still some great advertisement for the Marxist-Leninist forum.
  8. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    I kind of doubt that he has been banned, but I do understand his frustration.
    Well, if someone really wants to contacts him he is on the ML-forum.
  9. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    I have returned from my exile, thanks all for the concern. I now have the task of sorting through 30+ requests to join this group... good to be back.
  10. Sixiang
    Sixiang
    Huzzah! Like Lenin from Germany back to Russia, our great leader has returned.
  11. GallowsBird
    GallowsBird
    Huzzah! Like Lenin from Germany back to Russia, our great leader has returned.
    Thank you.

Now on to the nearest Winter Palace!
  12. bad ideas actualised by alcohol
    Thank you.

Now on to the nearest Winter Palace!
    Let's take the fucker down!
  13. Comrade Samuel
    Comrade Samuel
    AMERICAAAAAAAAA! oh shit...wrong battle cry, my bad guys.

Welcome back comrade.